Business Architect-Japan Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software exclusively serves the P&C insurance industry. We build and implement the core systems on which insurance carriers run their businesses. Guidewire applications support the workflow, collaboration with external partners, and rule-based decision-making that characterize modern underwriting and claims operations.
Guidewire applications also:
We are especially proud of our upgradeable and extremely flexible technology, and our unmatched level of customer success. Guidewire Software's Professional Services consultants work on-site in partnership with our customers to achieve successful implementations, while our Silicon Valley-based engineering team owns all product development. Guidewire applications are highly configurable to the requirements of each client, and require a thorough understanding of the objectives and requirements of the client. The Business Architect represents Guidewire Software to our customer and provides leadership toward meeting their business objectives. Within the context of our Japanese market and office, we have a keen interest in a Japanese Business Architect with deep domain expertise in the insurance software industry in Japan as a Japanese National.
- Support personal, commercial, and workers compensation product lines
- Share a 100% web-based, Java technology platform
- Are optimized for scalability and integration
The successful Business Architect is expected to work side by side with our customers while making sure that Guidewire product management is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, insurance domain expertise, business process understanding, and customer-facing skills.
- Learn and master the functionality provided by Guidewire application(s) in order to become a customer facing professional services consultant
- Review customer business processes and goals, identify improvements and guide the discussion of business requirements
- Provide guidance to customers on how to best leverage Guidewire applications and technology to meet customer defined business goals and objectives
- As a subject matter expert in insurance, consult with insurance carrier business and technical resources to produce business requirements and functional design documents as a functional resource.
- Partner with client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements for business analysis.
- Support estimating the effort required to configure the software.
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features.
- Plan user acceptance testing of customer solutions
- Participate in a Scrum based product implementation of our product on-site at insurance carriers.
Functional & Interpersonal Domain Expertise:
- Experience with full cycle enterprise software/package implementation as a Functional Consultant or Business Analyst
- Technical Creativity - Ability to propose technical solutions to business problems.
Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office. These roles represent Guidewire Software to our customer. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, design skills, programming skills, and customer-facing skills.
- Capability to communicate clearly and efficiently as a native Japanese language speaker
- Deep industry knowledge of the P&C insurance industry with primary focus on policy and/or underwriting.
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role.
- Ability to handle project management tasks (Scope Control, Budgeting, Estimating, and Resource Management).
- Experience with software implementation project(s) in requirements gathering, functional specification, QA, or training.
- Experience in software package implementation through customization or configuration.
- Understanding of software concepts (e.g., HTML, XML, Relational DB, reporting tools).
- Understanding of a project life cycle methodology.
- Experience in applying change management concepts on a software implementation project.
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%.
Nice to Have:
- Object oriented programming, XML and hands-on scripting experience
- Background as a Systems Analyst or Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers.
- Prior business process and configuration experience with configurable software such as PeopleSoft, Siebel, or SAP.
- Experience with n-tier web architected solutions
- Experience in definition of test scenarios and design of test cases for a software implementation.
- Experience in triaging of defect reports.
- Experience in developing training materials (e.g., formal documentation, user guide).
- Experience in conducting group training sessions.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services