? Avalara is the largest provider of web-based sales and use tax automation services.
? We are building an IPO ready company with funding from top tier investors, a great team and are growing very fast.
? We have thousands of paying customers, are doing millions of tax calculation daily, and are filling billions in tax annually.
? Avalarians make really complex things, like sales tax, really simple and really fast. Come join the revolution!
Are you a self-starter that wants to have a big impact on a pre-IPO business' We want to talk to you. This person will strategically evaluate our market opportunities, identify high priority partners, start a conversation anyway possible, and bring compelling partnership opportunities to the attention of management. Someone ridiculously smart and motived will love this role. We have a team of fun interesting people and are looking for you to help accelerate our already healthy growth.
? Proactively find new partnership opportunities and get prospective partners interested in moving forward with Avalara.
? Bring compelling prospect partners to the attention of management.
? Articulate the value of Avalara products and services in a compelling manner to partners in various industries and to various external audiences.
? Analyze Avalaras key markets to identify target OEM partners.
? Establish a professional working relationship with a partner prospects decision makers.
? Build business cases and complete market sizing models to sell partners on integrating Avalara products.
? Work with a cross functional team made up of Business Development, Sales, Product Marketing, and Operations to ensure maximum revenue potential.
? Project a professional image in all communications.
? Develop subject matter expertise on Avalara products and industry best practices to provide actionable recommendations to partners during contract negotiation and product integration.
Experience and Skills:
1. Bachelors degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience.
2. Proven track record of exceeding performance goals.
3. Two or more years of business development, sales, customer or partner management, consulting or related experience.
4. Executive presence on the phone and in person.
5. Obsessive attention to detail; you are the kind of person that pays attention to the small stuff.
6. Skill in negotiating contracts and comfort discussing legal documents and terminology.
7. Experience with spreadsheets and presenting business cases in a clear and compelling ways.
8. Familiar with SaaS company metrics is a plus.
9. Familiar with accounting processes and transactional tax is a plus.
10. Familiar with invoicing related software (for example: ERP or ecommerce) is a plus.
11. Comfort with code, math, and equations is a plus.
12. Aptitude towards automating processes is a plus.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date : ASAP
435 Eriksen Avenue
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110