Business Development Manager-Mobile Monetization Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Business Development Manager-Mobile Monetization
Business Development | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media (NYSE:DMD) informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day. Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
We're looking for ambitious, driven, self-starters who want to be on the leading edge of innovation in online media and technology. This position is located in Santa Monica, CA.
As the Manager of Business Development & Monetization for Mobile, you will be directly responsible for maintaining, optimizing, prospecting, negotiating, and securing key revenue partnerships for Demand Media's mobile inventory spanning mobile web, tablet web and mobile applications. The partnership channels will include monetization rich media vendor relationships, as well as syndication relationships. This individual will have high visibility into and be responsible for creating and maintaining mobile monetization programs while successfully executing business initiatives in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment.
Success in this role requires analytical thinking, ability to get projects completed quickly, to be a thought leader and being a solid team player. A successful candidate will have outstanding negotiation skills, ability to operate autonomously, and the ability to prioritize. This role involves strong communication skills both internally at Demand Media, as well as liaise with key contacts within partner organizations.
- Manage worldwide daily inventory across mobile portfolio
- Be day to day contact for a variety of monetization partners including mobile ad networks and mobile DSPs
- Entail a strong level of detail to ensure all campaigns correctly meet campaign objectives
- Business prospecting for new partners
- Breadth of understanding of the online/mobile publishing and online/mobile monetization space
- Uncovering new revenue opportunities for owned and operated properties and distribution for ad feed placements
- Assist in project management tasks working with other team members and clients
- Assist in development of sales materials and a marketing plan, including strategy, objectives, tactics and metrics
- Helping quantify results to insure partner satisfaction
- Develop and expand working relationships with clients, vendors and traffic partners
- 1-4 years of experience in the investment banking, financial analysis, business development, yield optimization or corporate development
- Knowledge of Internet publishing space and various forms of related advertising / revenue streams a plus
- Experience working with and calling on publisher, ad network, and technology platform partners a plus
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to follow-through on deals throughout project implementation and beyond
- Proficiency in standard computing tools â€" spreadsheet (Excel) and presentation (Powerpoint) applications
- Ability to problem-solve creatively
- Self starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED