Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide and received more than 13,000 reservations for Model S. Model S, the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries to U.S. customers in June of 2012 and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
The Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for analyzing, designing and generation of operational and executive dashboards and reports for Global Sales, Service, Supply Chain and Engineering business units at Tesla.
This individual will design, create and deliver reports and dashboards to enable data-driven decision making, including: Forecasting, Sales tracking, Trend evaluation and analysis, Retail development and competitive analysis, Supply Chain analysis, Inventory tracking and consumptions, service center level repair order tracking. Using technical skills and business acumen, the Business Intelligence Manager will be able to take business metrics and translate them to timely and accurate reports and dashboards by using in-depth understanding of Tesla's retail/service center data, inventory as well as supply chain data and KPIs.
* Design and develop an overall enterprise Business Intelligence and Reporting strategy, infrastructure and roadmap
- Establish, maintain and administer Tesla's reporting environment, including scheduling, distribution, managing permissions, and updating reports and dashboards using Tableau tool.
- Be involved from project inception to report design ensuring that reports are delivered with high-quality and accuracy and relevant data in consumable formats.
- Work with the business analysts and program managers to understand their metrics and KPIs and translate them into technical specifications and deliver the dashboards and reports
- Support, advise, and collaborate to deliver ad-hoc reports and data, as necessary to meet the needs of each functional department.
- Streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability, and value.
- Provide end-user training and support.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 7+ years of progressive experience in the industry
- Seven (7) plus years of experience working within a Business Intelligence/Analytics environment, with a focus on Sales, Service and Supply Chain.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau 7.0 or higher version, Hadoop, Big Data or similar BI tools.
- Thorough research, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen
- Enthusiasm for analyzing complex data sets and converting them into the information which drives business decisions.
- Strong SQL skills; understanding of data warehousing principals and relational databases.
- Strong ability to prepare and present data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner.
- Experience writing technical documentation and user guides; providing end-user training and support.
- A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards.
- Driven and accountable self-starter, with ability to identify and communicate priorities, and work independently in a fast-paced industry at a rapidly growing organization.
- Automobile or Information Technology industry experience preferred.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|