Business Intelligence Team Lead
USA, Ann Arbor,2211 Old Earhart Rd
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Infor Job Posting
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Team Leader, Business Intelligence â€" Solution design
JOB LOCATION: Ann Arbor, MI
JOB SUMMARY: As part of the Business Intelligence Competency Center you are responsible for the design and the development of Business Analytics Solutions, the â€œContentâ€ in cooperation with your colleagues and based on our BI Tooling.
The data is generally provided from Infor ERP, CRM or EAM systems and is stored in the Infor â€žBusiness Vaultâ€œ, a kind of data warehouse. Dataflow are organized by â€žIONâ€œ, the Infor Interoperability platform.
You will build up expert knowledge about our BI Tools and you will use them to produce predefined content solutions that can be extended and enhanced by customers to meet their specific needs.
The solutions will consist of highly interactive Dashboards in the area of Sales, Production, Finance, Warehousing, Procurement or other domains to support analytical and planning activities. Additionally these generic solutions will be enhanced to be industry or even segment specific.
You are responsible for
- The definition of the metrics, KPIs and analytical processes of the BI Solutions to be developed taking into account data availability
- Cooperation with domain experts to push the enhancement and extensions of Business Analytics for specific domains, industries, segments
- Design of the specified report contents and layouts
- Design of the OLAP models from a business and reporting application perspective
- Support of the definition of the required data based on an in depth understanding of the available data model in the underlying Business Vault
- Leading a small team of Business Analysts â€œSolution Designâ€
- Cooperation with international Infor Teams to adapt the Business Analytics to the data supplying source systems
- Leading specification workshops
- Creating Prototypes of above with the BI Tooling
- Training and coaching of internal Infor teams developing and extending the Business Analytics
- Writing of documents and trainings as part of the release process
- Potential customer support during Early Adopter phases
- 5 to 10 years of experience with comparable software like BO, Cognos, Hyperion, etc.
- Business minded generalist with domain or industry knowhow
- Project management Skills
- People Management Skills
- Excellent competency in creating both functional and technical design specifications of BI Applications
- Excellent track record of realizing business requirements in software, specifically in the area of performance management
- Creativity and next to a profound technical knowledge a good sense for the business meaning of data
- Basic understanding of UI and usability design criteria
- Fun at working with innovative BI-Tools and at developing new products with these tools
- A systematic project oriented approach, logical thinking a mathematical brain
- Training competency and a service orientation geared at supporting other teams
- A talent of quickly understanding and mastering new areas of responsibility
- The ability to work in international project teams creatively in a team and results oriented fashion
- Efficient and effective management and moderation of specification workshops with a clear â€œoutputâ€ orientation
- Excellent communication skills in English
- University degree in computer science, business administration or multiyear hands on experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend