Buyer - Machining/ Raw Materials SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Buyer - Machining/ Raw Materials
Finance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Finance - The SpaceX Finance Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include accounting, controls, budgets, supply chain, purchasing and oversight of all financial operations. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement.
Overall responsibilities are to support the raw materials sector of the business for purchases of Machining, Castings, Forgings, and Fabricated Parts. This includes:
- Analyze supplier spend and develop overall supplier negotiation and engagement strategies.
- Identify and propose best value suppliers to the engineering team based on individual's interpretation of requested parts/blueprints
- Ensure continuity of supply and lead escalation meetings with suppliers for parts shortages to develop recovery plan
- Proactively provide updates to SpaceX management and engineering team on all critical supply issues
- Realize cost savings and supply base management goals.
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Visit supplier's facilities to assess ability, machines, and capacity
- Place quick turnaround purchase orders for Development parts
- Execute to MRP Planning messages for Production parts
- Follow up with suppliers to meet committed delivery dates.
- Provide regular feedback to suppliers to improve long term and short term performance
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies that lead to block invoices
- Analyze procurement data and report metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline required.
- 1-3 years Purchasing experience.
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Remarkable problem solving skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications, especially MS Office Suite.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment.
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity.
- Prior experience with purchasing Machining, Castings, Forgings, and/or Fabricated Parts ideal.
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED