Buyer-Planner Digital Signal
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description :
Digital Signal Corporation is seeking a Planner-Buyer for their Chantilly, VA location.
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is the technology startup opportunity you?ve been looking for. With the global landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do what no other company does?.combine precision 3d image processing with biometrics. Our technology works on the move?.uninhibited by minor obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps. Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to the commercial industry.
DSC is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter Planner-Buyer with a desire to succeed. This candidate will interact with multiple DSC departments as well as vendors and contractors, and will contribute to the financial success of the company by utilizing best practices in procurement and planning. Qualified candidates must be able to work well in a small company atmosphere and handle multiple responsibilities.
uties and Responsibilities:
- Source, engage and qualify new manufacturers/distributors/suppliers
- Work with Manufacturing to develop supply plans to include placing orders consistent with supplier lead-times
- Support demands for production and development products
- Specify and maintain necessary MRP/IT systems required to support material needs and critical KPI?s
- Create and maintain field material support plan for spare parts
- Conduct supplier reviews to enhance relationship management
- Contribute to inventory management, tracking, and improvement
Kills & Qualifications:
- Must be an experienced negotiator to achieve best; Quality, Cost and Delivery, in fair but controlled supplier relationship
- Experience in procurement, planning, & inventory control
- Must have an excellent command of the English language in verbal and writing skills
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Experience with vendor managed inventory & or consignment programs.
- Must have High School Diploma or better
- Expertise in computer software applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization, as well as potential and current suppliers and customers
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Experience in procurement and planning of electronic and optical products, in a High Tech Electronics environment would be preferred
- Experience with sourcing in other regions of the world
- Lean, Six Sigma, Green Belt would be a plus
- BS or BA Degree
- Experience in Gov?t Contracting/ FARS/DFARS
- Experience in accounting a plus
||Chantilly, VA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED