Buyer/Procurement Specialist Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is looking for an experienced Buyer/Procurement Specialist who wants to make their mark on a growing organization.Â The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a great communicator and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast paced environment. This position currently reports to the Director of Shared Services.
The Buyer/Procurement Specialistâs primary responsibilities are to facilitate and optimize the procurement of non-technology related goods and services and to manage and monitor vendor relationships.Â Specific responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Establish strong working Â Â Â Â relationships with vendors and within the business.
- Contact vendors to obtain price quotations, place Â Â Â Â purchase orders and expedite purchases
- Approve requisitions and enter new purchase Â Â Â Â orders into Workday Procurement system
- Establish and maintain a qualified vendor list
- Ensure vendor adherence to quality standards, Â Â Â Â delivery, and contract terms
- Negotiate pricing and other business terms with Â Â Â Â suppliers, conduct bench-marking of pricing, and make recommendations on Â Â Â Â programs to reduce supplier costs
- Develop and prepare related Â Â Â Â metrics and reporting to senior management and internal business and Â Â Â Â finance partners.
- Continuing focus on scalability and Â Â Â Â process efficiency and improvement.
- Organize and lead business reviews with suppliers Â Â Â Â and internal departments
- Support internal customers by facilitating Â Â Â Â accurate and favorable transactions, and on-going supplier management and Â Â Â Â accountability
Â Â Â Â
Â Â Â Â
- 3 - 7Â years of direct experience in procuring and managing goods and services spend.Â Experience with facilities and marketing spend is desired.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and provides complete follow through on areas of responsibility.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail and strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task with the ability to change direction quickly and often.
- Ability to work well within tight deadlines.
- Collaborative team player; ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
- Highly proficient with MS Office especially MS Excel.
- Ability to travel to California periodically.
||Salt Lake City, UT |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services