Buyer Specialist Ryan Herco Products Corporation
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description:
Determine and oversee the expansive RHFS inventory management branch network through reviewing stock levels against the actual movement of material including in transit material and overall inventory costs for management review. Based on comprehensive analysis and item performance, set stock levels and replenishment criteria. Proactively monitor trend data, manage vendor relations, and provide timely feedback to management.
Accountabilities and Decision Making Authority:
Handle daily efforts and lead the regional offices to provide the overall planning, purchasing and material inventory control effort. Responsible for examining and investigating misidentified, returned, out-of-stock items, determine cause for discrepancies and solutions for accurate inventory and minimized E&O. Proactively support total cost management and supplier performance with best prices, terms and conditions, quality material, and on time performance. Drive for automated information flow to advance product flow.
- Provide input and data to support RHFS?s ongoing budgeting and strategic growth planning process.
- Design and administer policies and procedures related to shipping, receiving and cost as well as the storage and location of materials.
- Initiate operational solutions which speed cycle time and quality delivery for customers.
- Analyze reports, measurements and external benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in inventory reduction utilizing inventory strategies, reducing carrying costs.
- Liaise with Sales preparing and maintaining forecasts, financial reports and records.
- Champion the development of strategic suppliers and partners at optimal cost and strategic locations to support RHFS?s global business goals.
- Manage the flow and positioning of inventory holistically across multiple stages in the supply chain, including suppliers and downstream partners.
- Set metrics to support management policies surrounding sales and vendor decisions for optimal inventory and service level strategies.
- Document (margin erosion) emergency and expedited procurement and overall supply chain quality,
- Improve and simplify processes
Typical Decisions Made:
- Recommend stock level objectives based on historical data and usage. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Interface cross-functionally to ensure stock objectives are met to produce inventory turns which meet or exceed RHFS?s requirements.
- Ensure timely receipt of materials; conduct causative research to provide management reasons for backlog and delay of material.
- Provide data to enable the determination of inventory value including in transit inventory for RHFS?s to meet business objectives.
Daily activities to include:
Run Backorder report
Update dates on late back orders
Run Low stock Report / R.O.R
Watch trends and make necessary adjustments to line buys by branch
Process Purchase orders
Confirm Purchase Orders
Expedite Purchase orders / update PO dates in Mincron
Maintain Purchase Order quantities, addresses and prices based on Inside sales changes and vendor requirements
Place and authorize direct orders for Sales
Void orders for sales and work with vendors accordingly
Interface with sales on slow/non moving items for proof of sale, purchase agreements and order quantities matching vendor vs quantity
Interface with Inside sales regarding Late Orders and pricing isssues
Review forecasts with sales and plan inventory accordingly
Interface with inside sales and vendors for quotes and special pricing (SPQs)
Correct EDI errors
Add notes to Purchase Orders, updates shipping and details of purchase
Review & Authorize all Pending RMA?s
Obtain RGA from Vendors & process Vendor Returns
Maintain AP to PO Variance
Interface With Vendors to resolve AP/PO Variance Issues
Process & Investigate Inventory Discrepancy Reports.
Enter inventory adjustments to correct inventory levels
Review and manage Excess Inventory as found in daily activities
Set up and maintain ?Lot Number" items
Add special notes to ?Item Notes" to keep sales informed of changes
Assist in setting up a new vendor as an Approved Vendor.
Create and process overhead orders to support Warehouse and ancillary activities for branches
Purchase warehouse supplies and other operational purchase requests
Run the ?Sales order expedite by branch/entered by" for Inside Sales
Review locks about to expire
Review Negative Inventory Levels
Review Items with No Cost
Excess inventory allocation(variety of reports)
System maintenance for specific items based on stocking decision and sales trends
Assisting in bringing vendors on EDI
Degree in business and/or 3+ years working experience in a distribution environment with experience in pricing, purchasing, inventory control and material planning.
Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, communication and networking skills are required.
Team attitude; eager to cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to change direction and handle multiple situations and responsibilities on a regular basis.
Excellent understanding of costing, performance measurement and inventory control.
Self-motivated, energetic, dependable and honest with the utmost ethical standards are expected to maintain the RHFS culture of excellence.
||Burbank, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED