Cast Technician IVYREHAB
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Excellent Pay/Benefits and PTO time!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for providing professional care for all patients following established standards and practices. Assist physicians and other staff with patient care. Responsible for cast management for patients. Functions as a liaison between patients, staff and physicians.
SUPERVISIONS RECEIVED: Office Manager
1. Provides quality orthopaedic care in the cast rooms for patients requiring immobilization including: applying, removing and assessing need for change of all type of orthopaedic immobilization devices.
2. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Insures cleanliness. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment and examination of patients.
3. Observes, and reports patient?s condition and reaction to treatments by physicians. Dispenses medication samples and prescriptions as directed by the physician. Educates patient/family about medications, cast maintenance and application/wearing of orthopaedic devices.
4. Greets patients and prepares them for physical examination. Screens patients for appropriate information.
5. Maintains patient care environment. Assist in the cleaning and sterilization of instruments.
6. Responds to and serves as a resource for patients via telephone. Able to assess problems regarding casts.
7. Maintains patient confidentiality.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years orthopaedic cast tech experience.
1. Knowledge of all types of orthopaedic surgery and state of the art of cast management including all types of current forms of immobilization from plaster cast technique to the latest types of fiberglass casting, bracing and orthosis.
2. Knowledge of skeletal system, anatomy and physiology as related to fractures, fracture care and various anomalies. Understands orthopaedic disease processes and their effect on the patient.
3. Knowledge of departmental policies, procedures, and protocols related to casting. Knowledge of patient care environmental procedures.
4. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
1. Skill in effectively educating patients, family, and staff on casting topics.
2. Skill in positive collaborations with physicians and other staff members.
3. Skill in appropriate stocking and cleaning of the exam rooms.
4. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
1. Ability to project a positive image by being courteous, helpful, friendly, and professional with patients, families, and staff.
2. Ability to demonstrate efficient management of time and resources.
3. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
4. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
5. Ability to communicate clearly.
||Hawthorne, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED