Certification Engineer AirCell
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description Aircell is the world's leading provider of airborne communications. Until recently, time spent in the cabin of a business jet meant that you were disconnected from the world circling below. That?s all changed. Airborne technology has finally caught up with the rest of the world. Simply put, voice, data and even the entire Internet can be at your disposal during flight?in the cockpit and in the cabin. Now you can use that time to return calls, answer email, download files or simply conduct a little firsthand Internet research. Using Wi-Fi or wired connections. In the U.S. or around the world. COME ABOARD A WINNING TEAM!
Aircell offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Aircell employees receive comprehensive group insurance programs including health, dental, and vision coverage. In addition, employees receive life insurance coverage, plus short and long-term disability insurance. Employees can elect to participate in a 125 pre-tax benefit program for health or dependent-care expenses, as well as a generous 401(k) investment plan. Employees also receive paid time off and 8 paid holidays per year.
The Software Certification Quality Assurance Engineer will support the overall Certification initiatives at Aircell BA and be responsible for all aspects of software certification providing technical leadership throughout the product development and certification test process. This position will define and monitor software design for reliability and availability processes and methods to ensure a quality product that meets regulatory standards. This position encompasses the entire software development and certification processes, which includes requirements definition, software design assurance, coding reviews, ensuring source and object code control, change management, configuration management, testing, release management, certification and product integration.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design, implement and lead the software certification and quality initiative through application of best practices to the development and use of software and software based systems to meet regulatory requirements.
2. Establish Certification standards and procedures for program design assurance. Review design test methods and tools for software inspection, verification, validation, and FAA/FCC certification. Perform product evaluations during the development lifecycle.
3. Actively participate in engineering meetings to ensure that standards are integrated throughout the product lifecycle from design and development, coding verification, testing verification and validation, certification, and measuring and monitoring post release.
4. Ensure the design complies with requirements and software development and maintenance processes are adequate to meet regulatory; monitor and audit configuration management to include baseline control, configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration authentication.
5. Responsible for evaluating software products to verify performance of system to specifications and standards and coordinating documentation tasks according to Software Certification and Quality Assurance procedures established by agencies.
6. Identify and document inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs and content from requirements and standards. Report program processing errors, creating trend analysis reports to identify common failure modes where applicable, and recommend changes for improvement to management.
7. Identify and publish best practices to prevent recurrence of common development issues. Monitor program performance after implementation capture and correct program operating or process problems.
8. Educate and train employees on best practices for Certification of Software and quality techniques.
9. Monitor, control and ensure FAA Certifications (and other certification agencies) are accomplished in accordance with rules.
10. Audit records, files, and processes for configuration management (CM) to ensure compliance.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Master?s degree preferred.
2. ASQ Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) is desired.
3. FAA SW DER and/or FAA experience will receive significant priority consideration.
4. 5+ years experience as a Software Certifications and Quality Engineer in product development and launch of electronic products.
5. Demonstrated technical knowledge of software/software quality processes and methodologies including Certification.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead team activities as well as work very well across the organization in a Matrix structure..
7. Ability to train and coach others is a must. SME ? Subject Matter Expert (SME) sharing and learning as well as teaching best practices.
8. Proven complex problem solving skills and use of tools such as 8-D, Fault Tree Analysis, and Fishbone diagrams, Safety Assessments.
9. Demonstrated success solving complex problems and preventing recurrence.
10. Experience in C/C++, Linux and/or Java development skills desired, must be in embedded product environments.
11. Demonstrated expertise in Agile (iterative) software process and feature addition methods.
12. Strong communication, effective collaboration, follow through, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
13. RTCA/DO-178B Software Certifications expertise, familiar with DO-160 design criteria, FAA SW DER highly desired.
||Broomfield, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED