Channel Sales Engineer
Â Job Summary:
Bit9 is one of the hottest companies in the security market. Growing at 100% per year for the past two years and earning accolades from industry analysts, Bit9 is âleading the next generation of endpoint and server security,â according to IDC. Given our ongoing growth, our Sales Engineering team will be critical to our success.
Reporting to the Manager of Sales Engineering, the Channel Sales Engineer is responsible for building technical understanding and credibility during the partner development process to ensure success of Bit9 solutions.
As part of a sales pursuit team, the Channel Sales Engineer works closely with sales, marketing, and product management to pursue leads, demonstrate product capability, inspire confidence and effectively communicate the power of Bit9 solutions. The Channel Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the channel sales team and must be a key technical advisor and evangelist for the company as well as providing timely product feedback to influence future Bit9 product development.
Essential duties & responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities include:
Qualifications & requirements:
- Partner with the Channel Sales Representatives to pursue new business opportunities and support all aspects and phases of the Bit9 sales process
- Evangelize and demonstrate Bit9's products to partners via presentations, product demos, and evaluations
- Experience adapting technical fit to an OEMâs specific use case and requirements
- Experience training channel partner technical resources and working channel events
- Develop relationships with Channel Partner sales reps and sales engineers
- Assist in developing relationships between Channel Partners and Bit9 regional sales reps and engineers.
- Manage all aspects of partner and OEM evaluation process including:
- Perform installation & training of Bit9 products
- Deliver value message to partners
- Educate on operational and organizational aspects of implementation process
- Working independently and with Bit9 Technical Support and Engineering to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Respond to technical objections and create competitive differentiation
- Assist in RFI and RFP responses
- Document evaluation results in SFDC
- Obtain technical win and channel âbuy-inâ
- Support the positioning of Professional Services as a critical component to Bit9 solutions
- Define and document account success criteria using 4 aspects of success: sponsorship, technology, organization and operations
- Build and maintain prospect and partner relationships
- Ensure a smooth and successful transition (externally and internally) from sales process to service delivery
- Assist in developing and evolving best practices for Channel Sales Engineering activities
- Present to large audiences at trade and partner events
- Provide product feature input to product management
- Apprise Sales Engineering management of overall health of partner prospects (technical, organizational, operational and sponsorship)
- Substantial domestic travel (50-75%) required.
- Key contributor to and follower of our proven sales methodology
- Model Bit9 core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teaming
- Significant roots in the security/technology space coupled with recent (5+ years) of enterprise Sales Engineering experience selling into the F1000.
- Strongly desirable: Demonstrated experience with endpoint and server security.
- Expert in Windows 2000, XP,7, 2003/2008/2012 application server and supporting technologies/products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows configuration and management
- Experience (3-5 years) with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures and configuration
- Knowledge of IT security technologies and best practices
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Security Sales experience
- Hands-on software demonstration experience
- Strong Competency in Security Process/Workflow (e.g. Threat and Vulnerability Management)
- Understanding of Security Policy, Compliance and Audit
- Strong team player who's willing to work hard while having a lot of fun
- Solid understanding of professional services to enable software products
- Knowledge of software deployment and patch management tools
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, or MCSE a plus
- Excellent technical and business skills, including project management knowledge
- Excellent attitude and a self-starter who takes strong accountability for personal results
- BS/BA or equivalent
Bit9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only direct applications will be considered; no recruiters please.