Channel Sales Representative (Northeast) Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are searching for an aggressive, experienced Reseller Channel Sales Representative for the Northeastern part of the U.S. This individual will have a measurable track record of success selling and promoting IT solutions through enterprise VARs and Systems Integrators. Responsibilities include expanding relationships with existing partners as well as recruiting and developing new ones. You will establish and execute sales plans and go-to-market strategies to grow revenue in accordance with quota targets. You work closely with our sales organization in a fast-paced environment facilitating cooperative account and opportunity development. The position will require travel as you will provide training and support partners making joint sales calls and closing deals.
Location: Candidates must be located near Boston or New York City.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Work with reseller channel partners and Sales teams (Regional Sales Managers, Technical Consultants and Geo Sales Reps) promoting cooperative selling to enterprise.
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas while adhering to Splunk's sales rules of engagement.
- Manage and be the main point of contact for partners.
- Aggressively work to maximize partner total sales potential through best practices, training and support.
- Communicate masterfully with partners on products and service offerings.
- Create systems and procedures to streamline partner management.
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects.
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills.
- Provide weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast using the SalesForce automation tool.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Attend and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows.
- Prepare written presentations, reports, and price quotations.
- Conduct contract negotiations.
- Define and execute partner sales plans and regular progress checkpoint reviews.
Education: Got it!
- 7+ years channel and direct selling experience selling IT infrastructure solutions (big data, security software solutons etc.) to medium and large Enterprise.
- Current and established VARs and Systems Integrators network in the Northeastern part of the U.S. and surrounding areas (have a roladex of contacts)
- Track record of success and knowledge with Enterprise VARs and Systems Integrators in the defined territory.
- Very comfortable in the â€œCâ€ suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
KEYWORDS: IBM, Oracle, BMC, EMC, Vmware, 'territory manager', regonal, area, president's, club, quota, MBO, 'strategic partnerships', sports, Football, competitive, 'top performer', overachiever, #1, player, enterprise, software, complex, deals, hunter
||Candidates must be located near |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED