Chief Architect - Cloud Platform - San Francisco MuleSoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The MuleSoft Engineering team is looking for a talented architect with a passion for software engineering and creating innovative products in the cloud. The ideal candidate is passionate about software engineering, curious about technology and comfortable working at a fast pace. Being part of Mulesoft means having the opportunity to work and learn some of the latest technologies like Cloud Infrastructure ESB, SOA and Mule. Our primary objective at Mulesoft is to build the best teams to deliver the best products. Are you up for the challenge?
MuleSoft is creating a new generation of lightweight integration platform that makes it easy to integrate applications, build APIs and manage services - both on premise and in the cloud. We are a well funded, San Francisco-based start-up with a killer team, an existing community of over 100,000 users, partners and customers (from banks and airlines to successful e-commerce sites and the latest SaaS startups) great buzz, and superb investors. We're moving fast, building neat stuff, and changing integration middleware into a platform as a service delivery model.
POSITION DETAILS AND DELIVERABLES:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Lead the architectural vision across all cloud platforms including PaaS and API platforms.
- Set standards around patterns, frameworks and technologies used for cloud development to promote a simple and consistent API platform across all product lines.
- Coordinate and rationalize architecture and development patterns across multiple teams.
- Provide guidance through service selection on AWS and other cloud providers.
- Guide the team through the development process using hands-on development and R&D.
- Implement big data solutions using map/reduce, analytics and data mining technologies.
- Be a decision maker around software architecture best practices including scalability, performance, availability, extensibility, maintainability, extensibility and security.
- Work closely with product management, product marketing and devops to understand requirements and ensure we are building the right platforms to meet market demands.
- Cultivate a culture of API and cloud services across the organization.
- Deliver new features at a rapid pace and push code into the cloud on a weekly basis.
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering discipline.
- Strong influencing skills. The ability to guide and influence a senior engineering team.
- You should have serious technical chops and comfortable working on a whole variety of topics ranging from building highly available distributed systems, elastic scaling, functional programming, NIO, noSQL and large scale data search.
- This is a hands-on technical engineering role and to succeed in this role you need to be comfortable at the code level. We're looking for someone who still loves to code and dabble in the latest technologies. You will be expected to influence the team at the code level including pair programming from time to time.
- Detail oriented, you find ways to improve the product at every stage of development.
- Worked in a fast moving startup environment delivering products at a rapid pace.
- Agile experience working with engineering teams on short weekly sprints.
- Pragmatic and practical, no ivory tower or pontificators.
- High energy/drive â€" a highly motivated person who needs to be on top of their game.
- Fast learner and multi-tasker that can quickly take charge of all things.
- Innovative & creative problem solver with strong analytical skills.
With an exceptionally fast cycle of development, a truly entrepreneurial culture with 100% ownership of your product, and an overall creative and forward-thinking mindset, this should be the dream job of any QA Manager. Your opportunity is to very quickly impact and become an industry leader in a huge, $500 billion dollar market.
WHAT MULESOFT OFFERS:
- The opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals.
- An environment where you will be challenged every week by teammates that will expect only the very best from you.
- A real open source experience. We have a community around our products where you engage directly with users through online discussions, social media and meetups.
- A newly renovated state of the art office in the heart of San Francisco with a comfortable and collaborative work environment and the latest technology (state of the art laptops and monitors and more)
- A great salary, stock options, and career growth opportunities.
MuleSoft is solving the largest and most important problem in IT: integration. Companies spend $500 billion dollars every year writing custom integration code to make systems work together - a problem that's only increasing with the cloud. We built the world's most widely used integration platform, which connects applications, databases and organizations as easily as Facebook connects people. Our technology is a key enabler of today's most important movements: cloud, social, mobile and the enterprise.
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded, early stage company on a mission to fix integration. We have big name customers like JP Morgan, BMW, Wal-Mart, Nokia and Zynga, and over 3,000 companies and 100,000 developers use our products. Our goal is to build a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and admire each other. Are you looking for a fast-paced environment with a huge market opportunity and unlimited growth potential? If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams, and have the track record to prove it, we want to meet you!
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
, Lightspeed Venture Partners
, Morgenthaler All Jobs: at MuleSoft
|Headquarters:||30 Maiden Lane|
San Francisco, CA 94108
|Company Profile:||MuleSoft is an explosive growth, well-funded software startup. Our award-winning products have been downloaded over 1.5 million times, and more than 2,500 organizations are using them in production, including big-dog companies like Walmart.com, Nestle, Honeywell, DHL, as well as 5 of the world's top 10 banks. In 2009 we grew revenues 152 and quadrupled our product offering.
We are laser-focused on making life easier for developers and IT. Our products are built on Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, open source projects that are being downloaded and used by millions of people worldwide. Today's developers are looking for simplicity and freedom from the bloated legacy Java "stacks" that were built over a decade ago. They need middleware that embraces today's web-centric approaches, including dynamic languages, mobile, and the cloud. This new lightweight approach is fundamentally changing the industry, and we are leading that movement -- we call it Web Middleware.
At MuleSoft, our singular mission is to build a great company with a brilliant team of colleagues. If you think you can make a huge difference and are ready to show us, we want to meet you.|
Support MuleSoft with Social Media services