Chief Architect Mindjet
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Chief Architect
The Chief Architect will be a seasoned technologist with the drive, intelligence and exceptional capabilities to create increasing value in Mindjet products in the shortest amount of time. He or She will have the ability and desire to create a real impact across the product and organization. The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of new approaches and developments that occur in the technology landscape. In addition, this person must be adept at interacting with roles including CEO, CPO, CMO, CFO, Sales and Marketing VPs, VP Technology, VP Engineering, Engineering and Product Management staff, cross-functional directors, executives from customers, vendors, and partners.
The role of the Chief Architect at Mindjet is the following:
1. Act as a key visionary and communicator for the architecture of Mindjet products.
2. Continually pursue an understanding of the market, company, and product requirements as input to technical modeling and decision-making.
3. Make technical decisions that affect both short and long-term ramifications consistent with business requirements after careful consideration of alternatives and trade-offs.
4. Proactively ensure that all software is created with sound design relative to the agreed upon architecture, uses, best practices, and standards; employs component reuse, and is easily maintainable.
5. Ensure achievable service qualities in terms of scalability, performance, and extensibility.
6. Recommend and prescribe system level architecture, guiding principles, third party components, integrations, and tools to Engineering & TechOps leaders.
7. Define requirements and develop the architecture roadmap of delivery product capabilities for the enterprise.
8. Meet at regular intervals with area technical leads/architects to ensure that each engineering team is aligned with the system level architecture, guiding principles, and chosen components and tools. Ensure that siloed design and technology decisions are not made and deployed.
9. Define and maintain a governance system that allows for new architecture, components, and tools to be evaluated, approved, and deployed.
10. Research new and emerging technologies that are potential candidates to employ at Mindjet that will enable new business and product opportunities and/or solve problems.
11. Communicate system level architecture in easy to understand language in different views, relative to the audience of Mindjet cross-functional leaders.
12. Ensure system, integration, and product architecture as well as tools, processes, and governance workflow are documented and communicated to necessary stakeholders.
13. Possess a continual, clear understanding of the product roadmap and develop an architecture plan to achieve the roadmap.
14. Mentor and train engineers in architecture principles and implementation.
15. Continually develop, maintain, and communicate the architectural backlog and roadmap.
16. Meet with product & business owners to understand and solve problems, and provide pragmatic architecture solutions that will accelerate product time-to- market and business value.
Skills & Experience
The preferred candidate will have 10+ years experience building software products, with the last 5 years in a senior engineering/architecture, Chief Architect or similar position for a SaaS product company implementing agile development practices. Experience delivering software products to enterprise customers is a must, especially understanding how to satisfy their specific requirements.
This person?s innovative thinking is required for the design and successful delivery of a complex, multi-tiered SaaS platform for passionate and demanding customers. A well- respected expert in their field, the ideal candidate will have proven their ability to motivate a strong products team based on a compelling technology vision and effective hands-on skills, including writing code for prototypes and advanced development.
Must know both open source and commercial technologies necessary for building out a web product platform like the back of their hand. Has a bent toward leveraging open source as much as possible when prudent to do so.
He or She must thrive in an organizational environment that is fast-paced, dynamic, and nimble for the delivery of world class SaaS product. Startup experience is preferred.
- Knows from experience what makes a SaaS product successful, and uses that to drive innovation into the product.
- Understands the urgency of the business without having to be told.
- Knows it?s the small things that matter with customers, software design, and people.
- Does not have a ?must be invented here? attitude.
- Adept at being someone who understands and can communicate how the
architecture of the complete product stack is integrated.
- Is constantly thinking many steps ahead of where the product is, in order to
anticipate what technology can leap frog the product to create more value for
new and existing users.
- Knows that the market, customers, product, people, etc. may change every day,
and therefore is a flexible contributor to the leadership team, willing to do what it
takes to course correct when necessary.
- Understands the needs of individual, team, and enterprise customers, and
translates that into product capabilities.
- Is a good communicator, and enjoys presenting and collaborating with others.
- Has the ?situational sense? of how to communicate in different meeting scenarios
with executives, staff members, and customers.
- Enjoys mentoring other engineers, and teaching them how to develop skills in their area of expertise and stretch to learn new skills.
First year success factors
- Gained the trust and respect of an existing organization of developers, testers, TechOps engineers, product managers, designers, program managers, cross- functional departments, and executives.
- Has a complete understanding of the core technology stack. Not only the software, but also the technology operations infrastructure and environment.
- Having fully taken into account the existing architecture, product roadmap, and people, has contributed innovations that have driven product adoption and renewals.
- Developed and communicated a compelling and relevant technology vision, roadmap, and backlog.
- Has created an internal community of key area architects that are tightly aligned on the technology vision and implementation plan and decision making process, while enjoying collaborating together.
- Is recognized as a mentor to other engineers.
Mindjet helps you work smarter, faster, and better. Our powerful apps help you brainstorm, plan, and manage any project, anytime, anywhere. And 82 of the global Fortune 100 companies depend on Mindjet to get work done.
With Mindjet, brainstorming is no longer an avalanche of disconnected thoughts. Map ideas to clearly outline options, then synthesize plans and share them on the web, your mobile device, or computer. Mindjet?s interactive environment uses a visual framework to keep teams on point, on task, on time.
Mindjet. Work Inspired.
Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia. Mindjet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
||Koshland Building |
1160 Battery Street, Fourth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED