Chief Information Officer Carbon Black
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We are a pre-IPO security software company on a rapid growth trajectory, seeking an experienced information systems executive to lead the transformation of our IT capabilities as we navigate through our growth. The CIO will play a pivotal role in enabling the company infrastructure as well as our product/customer infrastructure to scale as we become a more complex organization. The primary responsibilities include: strategy development, data center management, project management and execution, business application management, financial management, operational partnership, and team leadership. Additionally, this leader will play an important part in protecting the company from various cyber threats, in close partnership with the Chief Security Officer.
The technology stack in the Bit9 environment includes: MS Active Directory, MS System Center, MS SharePoint, MS Exchange, VMware vCenter, vSphere and vCloud for VM Management, Bit9 Parity for Endpoint Protection, Cisco firewalls, as well as a full complement of other security technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
Â Strategy & Planning
- Develop strategic plans, develop an architectural roadmap, and implement the objectives of the information technology needs of the company to ensure the computer capabilities are responsive to the needs of the companyâs growth and objectives. Assess and identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the company.
- Identify and implement processes and best practices for pertinent aspects of infrastructure and business application integration and development.
- Evaluate and modify the security provisions of the information technology system and subsystems.
- Develop and implement procedures relating to backup procedures and disaster recovery / business continuity planning. Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives; assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Advise senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives
- Coordinate, facilitate, and consult with various departments on information systems, communications, and other initiatives
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Define and participate in the strategic and operational IT governance processes of the company
- Ensure the network is current with systems standards and that the company is providing appropriate services.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
- Ensure the safety and integrity of organizational data.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance, includes management of the phone systems, conference room media equipment etc.
- Ensure high availability and up time to support the business through standard data center and service desk procedures
- Evaluate overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommend enhancements.
- Recruit and develop a high performing team and develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Manage vendors and hold accountable to SLAs.
- Demonstrate superior, engaged and sustainable leadership characteristics in the development of teamwork throughout the IT organization.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- 15+ yearsâ experience in managing and leading an IT operation
- A bachelorâs or masterâs degree in the field of engineering or IT. An MBA is desirable.
- Software industry experience is preferable and prior experience as an executive at a company with at least $50m in revenue is required
- Experience in establishing and managing a high performance, high availability data center is required.
- Track record of successful collaboration with business executives relative to business strategy and capital planning processes
- Proven ability to understand business operating workflows and translate them (and the business strategy) into an IT agenda
- Proven ability to attract and retain top notch IT talent.
- Demonstrated creativity and the sophistication to determine when to leverage existing vs. build (or buy) new capabilities
- Proven experience effectively communicating with both business and technology audiences, including the ability to demonstrate/present how technology can enable a business capability
- Strong scalability skills - ability to operate at a tactical level as well as a strategic level
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
Note: we will not accept agency outreach or submittals for this role.Â Bit9 is an equal opportunity employer.
||Waltham, MA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED