Chief Software Architect Vendavo
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Chief Software Architect
Engineering | Mountain View, CA
Vendavo is the leading provider of price management and optimization solutions for large enterprises worldwide. The company's solution drives bottom-line results by giving businesses true enterprise-wide control of their entire pricing process. Vendavo's enterprise-class software solution delivers big increases in profits-- from 10-30 percent-- by systematically driving incremental improvements in average prices throughout the pricing process. Highly rated by Gartner, Vendavo is the enterprise pricing solution of choice for more than 200 company divisions at some of the world's biggest names in high-tech, manufacturing, chemicals, consumer products, medical devices, mill products, and distribution. SAP, the worldwide leader in enterprise software, offers the Vendavo solution as SAP Price and Margin Management by Vendavoâ"¢.
Vendavo is seeking a talented Chief Software Systems Architect who will be responsible for driving the Vendavo software platform architecture, with particular focus on Vendavo SaaS offering. You will identify, validate, apply and communicate trends and implications of software technologies to the rest of the Engineering and Product Management teams, and be very involved in a fast pace, agile and collaborative product development effort as part of a distributed team. Products do not solve complex business problems, people do, and the right candidate thrives on building and bringing to market compelling solutions.
- Translate product requirements to system level architecture and high-level designs that can be re-used across multiple applications and solutions
- Contribute to the analysis and definition phase of a product's development in conjunction with product management and engineering staff
- Drive the process of researching, identifying and evaluating appropriate technologies (platforms, components, services) required for meeting company product development goals
- Monitor/Anticipate problem areas; recommend and implement solutions
- Identify key platform components and implement proofs of concept
- Contribute to the evaluation of potential technology adoption and acquisitions
- Generate ideas for leveraging new technologies
- Make recommendations to management concerning all technological issues affecting company product development goals
- Implement and facilitate an agile governance process aimed to insure that re-usable patterns, components and methodologies are implemented and adopted across the engineering organization
- Implement and facilitate an agile approach to achieve a transparent visibility on proposed changes and improvements to the Vendavo platform
- Write papers and conduct seminars designed to keep management and senior-level product development staff apprised of new ideas and technologies
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years experience in the software industry
- 5+ years experience in the design and implementation of enterprise class multi-tenant SaaS software platforms or solutions
- Demonstrated experience and hands-on in defining and implementng complex software platforms using SOA principles and approaches
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application frameworks, open source components and projects
- Experienced in design and implementation of application programming interfaces (APIs) using SOAP and RESTful-style protocols.
- Experienced in security and authorization protocols such as WS-Security, OAuth, and OpenId. Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management..
- Experienced using messaging protocols such as JMS, AMQP and/or Apache MINA.
- Preferably posses background in using rules/inference engines such as JBoss Drools.
- Experience with HTML 5 and/or tablet applications is desired.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Positive attitude and openess to the best solution based on technical merit
- Excellent communication skills â€" verbal and written.
- Experience operating in distributed engineeting organizations and in interacting with senior leaders internationally
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively cross-functionally
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to represent Vendavo at customers and industry conferences
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence significant decisions at the senior executive level.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Some travel required.
||Mountain View, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED