Chief Technology Information Officer Strategic Healthcare Programs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Chief Technology Information Officer
The Chief Technology Information Officer reports directly to the CEO or President of SHP and has a minimum
of 10 years direct experience in the healthcare field, ideally in a for-profit business capacity. The individual
must be an experienced manger with a high degree of hands-on capability as well. The healthcare CTIO is
directly responsible for risk, contingency planning, systems architecture, security, co-location management,
HIPAA compliance, data acquisition and storage, application support, and product systems and services
1. Effectively manages a 7x24 high availability and responsive customer facing environment and internal
2. Helps define the strategic vision for the business based upon a clear understanding of the healthcare
market requirements and business opportunities.
3. Evaluates capital investment decisions surrounding procurement of equipment, alternative methods of data
4. Drives software development with the primary focus on integration of industry leading technologies and
with a focus on privacy and security.
5. Directly involved with tying the companys systems to those of software business partners/vendors.
6. Develops documentation for the department and creates a library of responses that address various needs
of Covered Entities in relationship to Business Associations (as defined by HIPAA).
7. Drives technology best practices (common technology platforms).
8. Establishes and maintains key vendor relationships; negotiates and manages service level agreements.
9. Directs the long-term technology roadmap and architecture.
10. Drives daily day to day application support.
11. Drives R&D innovation efforts by maintaining an understanding of the competitive landscape as well as
12. Manages scanning hardware and software.
13. Develops centralized technology solutions to support things such as one content management solution,
one image archive solution, etc
14. Serves as the companys chief compliance officer for HIPAA, HiTECH and ARAC.
Immediate Needs, which may be filled by a contractor, include:
Managing the full cycle of moving from our current co-location facility to that of a SAS-70 Type II;
identifying, negotiating, and working with appropriate facilities within geographic proximity to the
company. Ability to assist with the move in a hands-on capacity.
Identify additional equipment required to move to the SAS-70 Type II facility.
Identifying and working with 3rd party auditor after the move is complete.
Further refine the companys disaster recovery plan.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Education (Check Minimum
Experience Computer Skills
High School X Healthcare Industry X PC (Windows Based) & Macs
Associate Degree in related field X Trade Shows X MS Word
Bachelor degree in related field X Conferences X MS Excel
X Graduate Degree in related field X Public Speaking X MS PowerPoint
X Doctorate in related field X Presentation Skills X MS Access
X Cold Calling X Microsoft SQL Server 2005 &
X Focus Groups X Ms Project
Technology Skills Other Required Experience X MS Visio
X Visual Basic .Net GoTo Meeting X Dreamweaver
X Visual Studio 2000, 2005 and
Webinars X Sharepoint
X Selenium Web Testing Teleconferencing X Adobe Acrobat Professional
X Nunit Testing Framework Knowledge of Relational Data
X SQL Server Queries
X XML and .Net Webservice
x Adobe CS4 Design Suite
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Licenses, certificates, credentials, altered work schedules,
furloughs, travel, etc.)
Graduate Degree or Doctorate degree in a related area
At least 12 years of experience in Information Technology with at least 10 years of experience in a similar
position in the Healthcare Data Technology field
In-depth experience working with field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
o MUST HAVE EXTENSIVE HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE IN PERFORMANCE OF THE ABOVE DUTIES;
NOT JUST IN MANAGEMENT, BUT IN EXECUTION
o Charismatic leadership; Strong interpersonal and managerial capabilities; preferably experienced
working in innovative environments.
o Strong technical competencies: content management and web correspondence expertise,
archiving, systems architecture and systems development expertise (software and data base
o Strong and well documented customer interaction experience and expertise
o Four year technology degree, MBA preferred and a minimum of ten to fifteen years of relevant
o Product management / service capability development, transaction processing a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB
ESSENTIAL DUTIES- (List in order of importance)
50 Daily Chief Information Technology Officer
Establishes and directs the strategic long-term goals, policies and procedures for an
information technology department. Determines an organization's long-term systems
needs and any hardware acquisitions needed to accomplish the organization's
50 Daily Chief Information Security Officer
Responsible for determining enterprise information security standards. Develops and
implements information security standards and procedures. Ensures that all
information systems are functional and secure.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE JOB
(d,w,m,q,y) NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES
"F" for frequently; "O" for occasionally; "N" for not at all.
PHYSICAL Must carry/lift loads of: ENVIRONMENTAL
On the job the employee must: X Light (up to 25lbs.) On the job the employee:
X Bend Moderate (25-50lbs.) Is exposed to excessive noise
X Sit Heavy (over 50lbs.) Is around moving machinery
X Stand MENTAL
Is exposed to marked changes
in temperature and/or
On the job the employee must
be able to:
X Climb Stairs, Steps X Read/comprehend
X Push/Pull X Write
Is exposed to dust, fumes,
gases, radiation, microwave
X Perform calculations Drives motorized X Handle objects (manual equipment
X Communicate orally
X Reach above shoulder level X Reason and analyze
X Use fine finger movements
X Works in confined quarters and
is subjected to typical office
noise and lighting
Other: Other Other
||222 East Canon Perdido |
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED