Civilian Inside Sales Rep Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The Civilian Inside Sales Rep will be responsible for prospecting, lead generation and selling Splunk's award winning software to Civilian agencies and Civilian System Integrators. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success selling software or services and in building beneficial, lasting relationships with customers. 20 to 30% of your time each day is spent utilizing our CRM to accurately report on customer information, your activities, capturing marketing information, as well as researching customer information and preparing quotes. This position will be based out of our office in Bethesda, MD. It will report to the Director of Federal Sales.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Inbound lead follow-up and status update through the company CRM system
- Outbound prospecting/Lead generation to targeted agencies
- Qualify inbound and outbound leads
- Schedule product demos for qualified customers
- Work closely with Outside field account execs to manage pipeline, opportunities and coordinate sales activities
- Manage accounts by building and fostering client relationships through personalized contact, understanding of client's needs, and ability to communicate solution values of products and services
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Meet/exceed assigned revenue goals
- Support attendance to all field marketing events to include, but not limited to Splunk Lives, our National Users Conference and all regional trade shows.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 3+ years of experience in selling enterprise IT solutions with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed a sales quota
- Previous experience for a Federal/Civilian reseller or technology vendor into the Federal/Civilian market
- Consistent track record of success in consultative sales environments
- Consistent track record of developing new business and managing sales cycle, from generating leads through closing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A logical and analytical thinker
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong computer skills â€" CRM system, Word, Excel, Salesforce.com a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a contributing member of a team
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 600 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED