Client Architect - UK Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
A Splunk Client Architect's (CA) primary responsibility is to enhance and oversee the technical relationship between Splunk and its large or strategic enterprise customers and help support key partners, and internal organizations.
A Splunk CA is responsible for increasing the value and use of Splunk in Splunk's largest accounts and help ensure they are successful and satisfied through a large subset of the following activities as needed:
- Provide technical, architectural, and deployment guidance
- Capture and develop best-practice processes and methodologies to assist the customer in deploying Splunk
- Reviews customer processes and business requirements to help determine new and innovative ways to leverage Splunk
- Help ensure consistent and quality delivery of Splunk consulting services
- Coordinate and manage the activities of other Splunk Technical Services personnel active in the account
- Assist in managing the deployment project in coordination with customer personnel
- Collect requirements and develop architectures in support of the pre-sales process
- Conduct workshops to help customers leverage the value of Splunk solutions
- Provide assistance with account strategy and documentation as needed throughout the sales cycle in support and collaboration with Splunk SEs and sales personnel
- Provide enablement support for key Splunk partners
- Develop and deliver sales and technical enablement workshops designed to help drive channel sales and delivery capability
- Mentor and coach Splunk SEs, and pre- and post-sales engineers at key partners
- Assist with the development and delivery of sales initiatives and campaigns through the partner program
- Assists partners to execute successfully in strategic opportunities
- Provide technical architectural service delivery support
- Own the overall solution architecture and customer value realization during both pre-sales and post- sales service delivery at enterprise customers
- Ensure accuracy of project scope and help set customer expectations for post-sales activities
- Assist in post-sales efforts within enterprise accounts by assisting with the analysis and design stage
- Assist with overall account strategy throughout the post sales process
- Provide architectural oversight and project guidance throughout the post-sales process
- Assist with the development of best practices and post-sales offerings to ensure consistent service delivery and customer success
- Develop expert knowledge of operational processes and methodologies, leveraging this knowledge to improve the overall efficiency of professional service engagements
- Research complex technical issues or problems and develop solutions or workarounds to ensure project success
- Support professional services in identifying, scoping, and selling follow on and new service opportunities
- Contribute to development of company objectives and principles
- Use professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters
- Facilitate coordination among internal groups
- Support other Splunk personnel on issues that or address future concepts, products or technologies
- Network with key customer decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for Splunk
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Supervise the activities of others: PS consultants and SEs
- Travel to visit partners and customers, and engage in onsite customer work when required
- Able to write and present, communicate, and responding to emails, RFPs, and other forms of documentation to a high professional standard
- Help eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- Translate customer business issues into required product capabilities and solutions to address them
- Assist sales with discovery and financial analysis required to build business cases and ROI analysis
- Develop expertise with Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications and articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users
- Help enable partners and internal organizations through serving as a customer advocate and conduit for customer feedback to them
- Work independently and maintain accountability to management
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers and present our value proposition to customers and partners
- Working with Sales Engineers, support pilot and proof of concept installations by defining scope, qualifying requirements, installing and configuring Splunk and ensuring success
- Build long-term relationships and become a trusted advisor with each partner and strategic account
- Create demand and drive the adoption of Splunk solutions across the enterprise within strategic accounts
- Achieve proficiency with detailed Splunk architecture design and large project planning
- Develop specific domain expertise and become proficient in Splunk apps and industry solutions
- Interviews candidates as required
- Collaborate with regional management on strategies for regional success.
- Become a liaison with PM: disseminating future release information to region (sales and SE)
- Collaborate with engineering to integrate Splunk with multiple technologies using API's, scripts, and general architectural design patterns
- Become a trusted advisor to regional SE and sales managers on team execution
- Collaborate with marketing to build specific messaging for industry solutions (FS, Telco, health care, etc.) based on domain expertise
- Speak at Splunk events (user conferences, user meetings, Splunk Live! tech sessions, SE meetings, etc.) and at industry events.
- Provide regular online commentary on public facing technical topics (blogs, wiki's, Splunk approved external sites)
- Be capable of deploying a large-scale complex Splunk design and architecture in a competitive environment
The main expected results of the CA's efforts are increased customer success and satisfaction, increased Splunk value and adoption, and new license sales.
A Splunk CA must be a team player and will usually engage with customers, Splunk support, and Splunk or partners professional services to help resolve critical customer issues. Provide technical and architectural support during the pre-sales process to help drive and grow license opportunities, with the help and collaboration of Splunk SEs and PS consultants.
The ideal candidate is motivated with a track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
The candidate should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
1. Relevant previous experience in selling and/or supporting and/or consulting on software products (or related experience) to IT organizations
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills
3. Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
4. Experience with networking, server, application and Web technologies
5. Domain knowledge of system architecture
6. Some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) is desirable
7. Domain expertise with IT Operations and/or Application Management and/or security/compliance is desirable
8. Development experience
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 3,300 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 700 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED