Client Architect - Washington DC Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Primarily responsible for providing technical and architectural guidance to Splunk's largest enterprise customers, key partners, and internal organizations with the goal of increasing adoption of Splunk at our biggest enterprise accounts, driving new license sales at strategic enterprise accounts, delivering sales and technical enablement for partners, and helping to ensure consistent and quality delivery of Splunk consulting services.
Client Architects (CA) provide technical and architectural guidance to Splunk's largest accounts. Ensuring customer success and satisfaction with Splunk enterprise customers is the primary focus. The CA is responsible for increasing the value and use of Splunk in assigned accounts, capturing and developing best practice processes and methodologies to assist implementations at customer sites. CA will work with customer to review customer processes and business requirements to help determine new and innovative ways to leverage Splunk.
CA must be a team player and will often engage with the customer, Splunk support and professional services to help resolve critical customer situations. Provide technical and architectural support during the pre-sales process to help drive and grow license opportunities. Collect requirements and build notional architectures in the pre-sales process to address customer business issues. Conduct workshops and lunch and learns to help customers leverage the full value of Splunk solutions. Provide assistance with account strategy and documentation as needed throughout the sales cycle.
Provide enablement support for key Splunk partners. Develop and deliver sales and technical enablement workshops designed to help drive channel sales and delivery capability. Mentor and coach pre- and post-sales engineers at key partners. Assist with the development and delivery of sales initiatives and campaigns through the partner program. Assist partners to execute successfully in strategic opportunities
Provide technical architectural service delivery support. Own the overall solution architecture and customer value realization during both pre-sales and post- sales service delivery at enterprise customers. Ensure accuracy of project scope and help set customer expectations for post-sales activities. Assist in post-sales efforts within enterprise accounts by assisting with the analysis and design stage. Assist with overall account strategy throughout the post sales process. Provide architectural oversight and project guidance throughout the post-sales process. Assist with the development of best practices and post-sales offerings to ensure consistent service delivery and customer success. Develop expert knowledge of operational processes and methodologies, leveraging this knowledge to improve the overall efficiency of professional service engagements. Research complex technical issues or problems and develop solutions or workarounds to ensure project success. Support professional services in identifying, scoping, and selling follow on and new service opportunities.
Client Architects typically work on significant and unique issues where analysis of data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Works on complex issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others. Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
Client Architects must be willing to travel to visit partners and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology. You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally when responding to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. You need to be organized and analytical, and be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Expert with Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications and be able to articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer business issues into required capabilities and solutions that address business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to assist sales with discovery and financial analysis required to build business cases/ROI proposals.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain accountability to management.
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers and present our value proposition to customers and partners.
- Working with Sales Engineers, support pilot and proof of concept installations by defining scope, qualifying requirements, installing and configuring Splunk and ensuring success.
- Build long-term relationships and become a trusted advisor with each partner and strategic account.
- Create demand and drive the adoption of Splunk solutions across the enterprise within strategic accounts.
- Achieve proficiency with detailed Splunk architecture design and large project planning.
- Develop specific domain expertise and become proficient in Splunk apps and Industry solutions.
- Develop leadership skills by mentoring new members of the SE team.
- Conducts Interviews for new hires in the region (SE, sales, PS, etc.)
- Collaborate with Regional management on strategies for regional success.
- Become a liaison with PM: disseminating future release information to region (sales and SE)
- Collaborate with Engineering to integrate Splunk with multiple technologies using API's, scripts, and general architectural design patterns
- Become a trusted advisor to regional SE manager and Sales (or SE director) on team execution.
- Collaborate with Marketing to build specific messaging for industry solutions (FS, Telco, health care, etc.) based on domain expertise.
- Be considered an impact player and consistently endorsed by management and peers.
- Speaks at Splunk events (User conferences, user meetings, Splunk Live! tech sessions, SE meetings, etc.) and at Industry events.
- Provides regular online commentary on public facing technical topics (blogs, wiki's, Splunk approved external sites)
- Be capable of deploying a large-scale complex Splunk design and architecture in a competitive environment.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products (or related experience) to IT organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services.
- Experience with networking, server, application and web technologies.
- Some database query language (SQL), report development is desirable.
- Some Unix based scripting language (Perl, Python, *sh) is desirable.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or security/compliance is desirable.
- Domain knowledge of system architecture, scalability, RAID, and/or math and physics preferred.
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED