Clinical Analyst - Oncology Proventys
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Summary of Position
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Clinical Analyst for Oncology will support the development of and enhancements to the Oncology suite of products, including validated predictive tests (PDx) and Proventys CDS Oncology.
For the PDx Oncology product suite, responsibilities include collaborating with biostatisticians to develop appropriate risk prediction models, planning and participating in validation studies, and engaging the clinical market to understand unmet needs, all in collaboration with the clinical team. This position will assist research and design efforts leading to the creation of new clinical risk prediction tools and will use his or her in-depth knowledge of oncology to interact with researchers, physicians, and other members of the clinical teams. As needed, this role will closely partner with all members of the clinical and software engineering teams.
For the CDS Oncology, this individual will work with the software design and clinical team to support the development of NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines) in a dynamic and structured fashion according to individual patient characteristics, and enable clinicians to access evidence-based recommendations efficiently within the clinical workflow.
- Engage and collaborate with clinical advisors, SMEs and front-line clinicians to better understand unmet needs, workflow issues and market opportunities, all necessary to inform product development strategy
- Analyze data with basic and intermediate level statistics to determine suitability for risk modeling
- Discern and communicate to cross-functional team members the rationale for decision support in a specific clinical area
- Ensure appropriate medical literature searches are conducted and prepare summary presentations of the results
- Create clinical requirements necessary to develop new predictive models and enhance existing product portfolio
- Communicate key clinical concepts, both internally and externally, in support of the development and commercialization of company products
- Work with key MD Advisors to implement NCCN Guidelines and clinical pathways
- Act as a liaison between the clinician and the software engineering team
- Support product development activities, insuring the clinical inputs are current and relevant
- Participate in product development activity related to the oncology product suite
- Analyltical ability necessary to examine, manipulate, and draw conclusions from clinical data
- Ability to interpret and summarize medical literature
- BA/BS degree in related field of study
- MPH and/or RN or other related graduate degree is preferred
The following skills/characteristics are desirable but are not required:
- Concentrated knowledge of clinical oncology content, through direct clinical and research experience
- Experience with oncology practice patterns, including clnical guidelines, workflow and typical treatment protocols.
||Newton, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED