Cloud Implementation Architect Sparta Systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Function
This technology thought leader is responsible for providing cloud service development, implementation, architectural design, advanced troubleshooting, and management of the overall health of On Demand services at Sparta Systems. The Cloud Architect will lead DevOps and operations engineers in the design and implementation of next generation platform services. Additionally, the candidate will also establish and maintain technology standards, evaluate and direct new technology designs to enable internal development and operations teams to achieve their individual goals in the most economical, scalable, and supportable way for the organization. This individual is required to demonstrate sound technical architectural leadership, playing a vital role in designing, enhancing, implementing and scaling application platforms. The Architect will think strategically when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. They will excel in the areas of on long-term technological capability and operating cost optimization. They will be adept at influencing change/improvement in the organization beyond their own team. The candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish a DevOps / Cloud Infrastructure and Engineering team that serves all functional areas of Sparta.
2. Design, manage and operate services running in the Cloud; Provide experience-based guidance and implementation of Cloud Computing solutions, tools, architecture, and approaches.
3. In collaboration with the architectural leaders, responsible for establishing and governing technical standards such as coding, use of design patterns, technology and industry standard choices, technical documentation, etc. for all deployment related code.
4. Create documentation that includes Standard Operating Procedures (?SOP?s?) to support quality policy and processes. Review and approve of all quality related documentation for On Demand hosting and Cloud deployment.
5. Optimize On Demand infrastructure by recommending and performing upgrades, monitoring performance, and auditing system tasks
6. Lead design meetings to formulate deployment strategy and design documentation for new capabilities, enhanced functionality and fixes.
7. Participate in multiple Agile Scrum teams, interacting with other team members including Development, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts and Product Management.
8. Provide leadership by mentoring other technical team members
9. Meet and engage with vendors as required
10. Advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of service systems to ensure adequate SLA, capacity management and expansion requirements
11. Research hosting and deployment trends and identify opportunities for Sparta Systems to take advantage of such trends.
12. Sponsor research projects and proof of concept development projects.
13. Test and validate solutions in lab environments
1. Minimum 8 years experience as a contributing member of a product development team.
2. BA/BS degree (or equivalent) minimum (Computer Science or related field).
3. Familiarity with Amazon AWS, Rackspace Cloud, and other cloud offerings
4. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Virtualization, Storage, and Server platforms; relevant practical work experience designing, building, and/or operation cloud environments.
5. Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
6. 3-5 years of systems engineering experience, holistic understanding of the Internet and hosting from the network layer up through the application layer; experience in a 24x7 hosting environment.
7. Strong belief in ?Infrastructure as Code? ? administering and operating systems through scripts, API?s, tooling, and automation.
8. Experience in deploying software to cloud computing infrastructure; Experience with monitoring tools, scripting, configuration management, clustering, and Internet security.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. AWS/Eucalytpus, OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud
2. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Capistrano
3. DevOps-style Cloud Administration and Operations
4. Cloud Security and Cloud Disaster Recovery
5. Experience with web services, virtualization, cloud concepts, REST, JSON, XML, MySQL, PHP, LDAP, LAMP stack and object-oriented methodologies.
6. Web servers (Apache, IIS), load balancers (nginx, HAProxy and Varnish) and high availability systems
7. SQL, NoSQL, memcached, and other database technologies
8. Programming ability in one or more of the following: Java, .NET/C#, Python, Perl, Ruby
||Holmdel, NJ |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED