Cloud Platform Systems Software Engineer Calxeda, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you have a passion to turn challenging ideas into technological realities? Picture yourself working in a company that is redefining an industry by delivering performance and energy savings that have never before been possible in data centers. We are a culture of innovation, offering the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry while delivering world-class products.
Calxeda is seeking a Cloud Platform Systems Software Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of leading edge operating system software for the Calxeda cloud platform. The Calxeda cloud platform is Calxeda's next generation software platform that will help manage, operate and program a million node, warehouse-style computer of the future. Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated track record of delivering innovative operating system and system software solutions for concurrent and massively distributed runtime environments. With your industry experience, you are expected to contribute to the program from day one.
- Architect, design and deliver world-class system software features for our next generation, distributed cloud platform.
- Work closely with software and hardware engineers to architect, design and deliver many functional aspects of Calxeda's system-on-chip (SOC) devices.
- Work closely with hardware engineers to provide guidance for opportunities related to features and optimizations.
- Assist in bring-up and test activities required for platform test and integration.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with design and development of operating system and system software features, including memory/resource management, scheduling and process control, networking and inter-process communication, and hardware virtualization.
- Excellent knowledge of operating system concepts and kernel programming.
- Excellent knowledge of computer system architectures.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with others.
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve personal and professional skills, with an openness to constructive feedback.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- A work culture that is creative, innovative, and open
- The ability to collaborate with really smart people
- Health/Dental/Vision Benefits
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED