Cloud QA Manager - Splunk Storm Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We're bringing one of the premier big data technologies to the cloud, and we are looking for a leader who is passionate about solid production systems. Splunk Storm represents a game-changer to how people gather, analyze, and share data and insights. This is an opportunity to work with an industry leading team to meet the challenges of a big data system of massive scale. We value the ability to think creatively about solving problems that have never been solved before, or to solve them better than others have solved them. We are fast-paced, empowered to make things happen, and focused on making our customers successful in harnessing the value in their data.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Work independently as part of a close knit highly technical team
- Define, Design and Implement test strategy across the entire data infrastructure, as well as a multitude of interwoven systems
- Promote and encourage best practices by developing methodology, test tools, frameworks and release techniques for the team
- Be a master at identifying weaknesses in the system, doing root cause analysis, providing recommendations/guidance for the team
- Be a key reviewer and contributor to design, implementation, and testability of the system
- Act as an advocate for customers and operations in design & architecture decisions made by the team
Education: Got it!
- 6+ years industry experience
- Expert in one object-oriented scripting language such as python or ruby
- Experience in one high level object-oriented language like C++/C# or Java
- Solid understanding of networking and multi-threaded programming
- Experience in building test frameworks, API testing, Selenium, unit testing
- Must have experience with cloud technologies like AWS, Amazon EC2/ S3
- Exposure to Django, Git, Mercurial, Chef, memcached a plus
- Familiarity with Puppet or Opscode technologies
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Up-to-date on best practices in the industry for cloud services, especially in scale, reliability, deployment, monitoring, and recoverability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner, a good team player with a â€œcan doâ€ attitude
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED