Cloud Systems Administrator Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're looking for a creative, analytical, geeky Cloud Systems Administrator to support our Cloud based applications at Guidewire Software. We are seeking to add to our team an independent thinker who has proven experience creating, maintaining and growing SAAS/Cloud based infrastructure, who can dive hands-on into system details but keeps the big picture in mind. Top priorities are maximizing reliability, security and performance while keeping in mind ease of expandability and flexible growth.
Do you love challenge? Is a fast pace quickly growing environment where you thrive? Do you have an overall geeky love of systems, with the ability to build robust reliable systems that can handle the test of time?
* Creation and maintenance of complex systems for Cloud offerings
* Constantly reassess and improve the Cloud infrastructure
* Work with cloud development group to support their current & future needs
*Perform system monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all servers, systems and key processes
*Perform security monitoring to identify possible intrusions and prevent security breaches
*Perform regular backups
*Plan and deploy new feature roll-outs
* Build out new servers and possibly entirely new sites in future
* Some hardware deployment and maintenance (racking servers, RAM upgrades)
* Evaluate processes and products, making well-documented recommendations
* On-call rotation with the team, 1 week every 8 weeks, it's usually uneventful
* Evaluating security concerns and working with both internal and external resources for resolution.
Candidates must have ALL of the following technical skills:
* Prior responsibility setting up and managing internal and remote hosted customer facing mission-critical services
*Deep mastery of Linux, particularly with respect to performance
* Experience and extreme comfort with RedHat/CentOS Linux
* Strong comfort with open source software
* Virtualization, ideally Xen or similar
* Virtualized server management
* Cloud experience, going past just the virtualization layer
* SaaS creation, maintenance and troubleshooting
* Deep understanding of shell and/or perl scripting
* Deep understanding of common issues with HTTP, MySQL/Oracle, FTP or equivalent
Strong candidates have SOME of the following experience:
* Experience with Hadoop or similar
*Familiarity with deploying on 3rd party platforms, such as EC2
* Software development agile methodologies such as scrum and kanban
* Some physical hardware deployment and maintenance
* Source control systems, at least as a user, ideally with â€œgitâ€
* Bug tracking systems, ideally with â€œjiraâ€
* Administering shared storage systems such as Netapp, EMC, SAN
* Hardware sizing and deployment for servers and direct-attached storage
* Multi-site applications, including disaster recovery and load-balancing
* Database and web-server scripting, such as PHP, modperl
* Hands-on admin of open-source block-level storage, such as iSCSI or FCoE
* Blade server management
* Previous work on huge projects
Strong candidates have ALL of the following personal traits:
* Comfort with bleeding-edge tools and processes
* Can prioritize and is unafraid of taking on big complex projects
* * Service-oriented attitude (â€œHow I can I help this team?â€)
* Creative out-of-the-box thinking, not always deferring to industry approaches
* Comfort with and appreciation for software development teams
* Comfort with deep analysis and strategy with both big picture and critical details
* Comfort creating something truly new (not just maintaining old systems/processes)
* Can stay on task without getting stuck on irrelevant details
* Love of pushing the limits on what's possible, pushing the envelope
* Works well with other people
* Can accept decisions about tools/processes that aren't your preferred approach
* Comfort with data gathering and rational argument to make your case
* Can be clear and concise, especially when working with other teams
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Presentation skills are
not important, but you must document what you did and why you did it.
Guidewire develops core systems for multi-billion dollar insurance companies. To ensure our products are reliable, we strongly value test-driven development and constantly brainstorm how to improve our coding and testing processes. Our software is great, the coffee is okay, and the buildings are decent enough. What's special, though, is that we're a team passionately focused on customer success and our long term goals. Talk to people here and you'll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We're proud of what we build and how we work together.
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three values:
Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We constantly improve processes.
- Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
- Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services