CNC Programmer (Mastercam) - Tooling Operations SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
CNC Programmer (Mastercam) - Tooling Operations
Technicians and Trade Skills | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Initiate, develop and maintain NC programs to support a fast paced tooling operations environment
- Will be involved in the prove out of new technology, first article inspection, fixture design, and day to day programming using Mastercam version 9.1 or X5 or NX-6 or 7.5
- The NC Programmer is responsible for completing changes to existing CNC programs, and assisting with estimating or other inter-department technical requirements
- Specifies and makes provisions for tools, gauges, machines required to manufacture complex components
- Works closely with the Shop Floor, Planning, Quality, Engineering and other team members
- Creates and maintains part programs for all types of numerical control applications taking into consideration such factors as machining parameters, cutter selections and control limitations, while ensuring the design intent and component quality is achieved
- Act as a liaison with shop floor machinists to improve setup instructions and identify efficiency improvements
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Minimum of 10 years programming NC machines
- Degree/Diploma from an accredited post-secondary program or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced Experience in programming of aluminum aerostructures and machine fixture design.
- Experience with 5 axis machining methods and fixture design required
- Experience with Master Cam 9.1 or X5 or NX-version 6 or 7.5 5
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good machining-related troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate well with Machine Operators
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work all required hours, overtime, and weekends, as needed
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED