Coder/ Biller for Outpatient Anesthesia Billing Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and rehabilitation clinics nationwide.
With a 20-year track record and more than 5,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care.
Check out our website at http://sourcemed.net/ to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking a Coder/ Biller for Outpatient Anesthesia Billing in our Ft. Myers, FL location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Review anesthesia reports and assign correct CPT-ASA and ICD-9 codes
2. Reviews and accurately interprets medial record documentation provided by hospital or physician in order to identify all diagnoses and procedures and assigns the appropriate ICD-9-CM, CPT-ASA and modifiers for each diagnosis and procedure that is identified.
3. Pose questions concerning appropriate CPT-ASA, ICD-9-CM, modifiers and documentation issues
4. Assures the consistency and timeliness of all coding for all patient accounts.
5. Maintains a knowledge base on compliance issues as they relate to coding and data quality.
6. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
-- High school graduate or GED certification
-- 2 years of coding in Anesthesia/ coding surgical procedures and diagnostic services.
-- Proficiency in medical terminology, ICD- 9 and CPT ? ASA codes.
-- Knowledge of computers and Windows-driven software
-- Excellent command of written and spoken English
--Cooperative work attitude toward and with co-employees, management, patients, outside contacts
--Ability to promote favorable company image with patients, insurance companies, and general public
--Ability to solve problems associated with assigned task
||Fort Myers, FL |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED