Command and Control Technician SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Command and Control Technician
Technicians and Trade Skills | Vandenberg, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Launch Operations â€" The Launch Operations group is a multi-disciplinary group tasked with final vehicle integration and launch/mission execution. The Launch Operations group is responsible for the design and operation of launch pad infrastructure and ground support equipment. Flight hardware, designed and produced by SpaceX, is delivered to the Launch group for final integration. Once the vehicle is integrated, the Launch Group executes final pre-launch checkouts, vehicle roll out, and countdown operations for launch.
Technicians and Trade Skills â€" SpaceX is continuing to build our highly skilled technician and trades workforce; the extensive in house development and production capabilities at SpaceX would not be possible without their contributions. If you enjoy hands-on development work in and thrive in a fast paced environment, you could make a great addition to our team.
- Interpret drawings and schematics and implement hardware based on them in support of launching Falcon Heavy and Falcon 9 rockets.
- Perform all facets of facility power electronic, and electrical design implementation, construction, and maintenance such as: installing cable/conduit runs, electrical panel/junction build, uninterruptable power supply installation, etc.
- Additional duties may include participating in launch vehicle and payload processing activities, executing day-of-launch procedures, and coordinating construction activities
- Your work will take place in a fast-paced environment where you will have a direct impact on the design, building and operation of the Falcon Heavy launch pad.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- At least 1 year of experience with electronic system assembly and construction
- Experience with power supplies, junctions, panel work, signaling, cable installation/maintenance, Radio Frequency systems - UPS is a plus
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with low voltage power systems, usually 60VDC and below
- A positive, energetic attitude
- Candidate will be expected to provide innovative solutions to special requirements, often in a high-pressure environment while working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and equipment for malfunctions, sign of damage, deterioration, or adjustment.
- Must be able to work full-time at Vandenberg Air force Base, CA
- Drive and motivation to roll-up your selves and tackle any challenges that come your way
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Occasional travel may be required
- Must have the ability to work well in individual and team settings
- US citizen or Permanent Residency required
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Sensor Instrumentation, Command and control systems, data acquisition distribution and display systems, and test operations experience is a plus
- Associates degree and/or technical training certifications are preferred
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED