Communications Director SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Business Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Marketing and Communications: Communications Director
This senior level public relations position represents SpaceX in all aspects of media relations and communications. The successful candidate is a strategic thinker with a can-do attitude, and a natural verbal and written communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where no problem is too great and no detail too small.
- Act as a SpaceX media spokesperson
- With Vice President, develop and direct strategic communications plans in line with the company's mission and business priorities
- Develop and maintain successful and effective relationships with media
- Develop and write press materials, statements, feature stories and updates, speeches, web and other copy
- Work closely with social media manager to maximize opportunities
- Plan and execute media events, community and educational outreach
- Oversee internal communications
- Provide media and communications training and support to SpaceX staff
- Work closely with marketing and other internal departments
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in communications/public relations
- Prior experience as a company media spokesperson
- Exceptional track record in working effectively with the media, including demonstrated success in pitching and placing pieces in consumer and trade media
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Impeccable writing skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate information to multiple audiences
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Established skills in strategic and critical thinking, decision-making, negotiation, and relationship-building
- Ability to quickly grasp and synthesize complex issues
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and possess a proven ability to thrive under deadline pressure and to execute on a number of projects simultaneously
- Experience with social media strategies and tactics
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented team environment
- Internal communications experience a plus
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED