Communications Specialist - Japan Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
ABOUT - Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
We communicate with the world about Tesla's uncompromising design, technology, and service. We're building a team made up of quick- witted, entrepreneurial, and intellectually-curious people. You will speak with and listen to our customers, enthusiasts, investors and, of course, journalists in Japan in traditional and non-traditional ways. You will be working closely with other teams, especially marketing, design, sales, engineering, service and finance. Supports promotional communications, public relations and trade shows, and participates in the development of plans for product promotion in support of marketing objectives. Prepares materials for internal and external presentations on products, business plans and management communications. May serve as editor for formal business communications. You will be part of a growing global team reporting directly to the Vice President of Communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help devise messaging strategy and narratives for Tesla Motors in Japan.
- Build and maintain relationships with Japanese journalists of all stripes.
- Schedule Model S test drives with Japanese press and media
- Draft press releases, blogs, messaging documents. Brief spokespeople and staff interviews.
- Create and pitch strategic company narratives.
- Consistently and doggedly correct misinformation and inaccuracies
- Create content that helps tell the Tesla story and promote that content through traditional and social channels
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent exemplary experience
- At least 4+ years of professional experience in fast-paced business, media or non-profit environment
- Exceptional communication skills in English and Japanese â€"must be an excellent and efficient writer
- Must have substantive media relations experience
- Must be comfortable working independently. This is the sole communications role in Japan and works closely with the California-based HQ communications group.
- Ability to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate appropriately
- Relationships with consumer and/or automotive press preferred.
- Experience with regulatory/legislative/litigation issues is a major plusT rack record ofmastery of technically complex material
- Willingness to work in a truly scrappy environment
- Must be a creative and innovative problem solver and solution finder
- Willing and able to travel, on short notice
- Basic HTML coding capacity
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED