Compensation Controller Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Reporting to the Controller, you will manage the finance and accounting for our company's compensation activities and develop the infrastructure, processes, analyses as needed for our rapidly growing company.
- Manage daily operations and the monthly financial close processes for payroll, stock, bonus and commissions
- Full cycle payroll for 500+ domestic employees using ADP payroll services
- Payroll processing through posting of entries to GL
- Perform updates to employee data as needed in Equity Edge, including grants, vesting, exercises and terminations
- Prepare payroll reports as needed for stock plan transactions including $100K reporting
- Process, track and prepare reports for Employee Stock Purchase Plan enrolment and changes
Record stock option grants in EE.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of grant agreement documents
- Assist with preparation of restricted stock unit vesting events
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports as requested
- Process disqualifying disposition information throughout the year
- Respond to daily employee inquiries on payroll and stock administration issues
- Maintain confidential stock administration records, keeping both electronic and hard copy records up to date
Maintain and update content in internal stock administration intranet site
- Ensure that compensation activities and reporting are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and company procedures
- Create and sustain methods and practices to improve the Company's process performance
- Establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's objectives and to support our financial reporting environment
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff members
- 6+ years of relevant work experience with ADP payroll services
- 2+ years of work experience with Equity Edge
- US public company experience, particularly in a SOX controlled environment
- Ability to write, speak and present clearly and succinctly
- Proven record of recruiting, managing, and motivating a finance team
- Strict attention to detail and accuracy are required
- Superior knowledge of US GAAP
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Experience working for and with a company through a period of high growth
- Experience with lean process improvement methods and practices
- Leadership skills (ability to take charge, confidence to interact with all levels, set objectives, drive results, and act as a team player).
- Ability to multi-task, plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast paved environment and the ability to tolerate ambiguity
- Accurately process payroll for employees in multiple locations and entities on a biweekly basis.
- Thoroughly audit master file changes and make necessary corrections before transmitting payroll.
- Review bi-weekly benefit files, investigate unusual entries, and adjust benefit deduction data in the payroll system before transmitting payroll.
- Accurately assess the impact of benefit program cancellations and before refunding payments to employees, apply appropriate taxes and ensure accurate year-end reporting of wages and taxes.
- Receive audit reports and checks/vouchers, thoroughly audit payroll entries and distribute checks in a timely manner.
- Download payroll information from vendor and interface with general ledger to ensure funding of payroll prior to pay date. Accurately balance general ledger interface with ADP.
- Coordinate with IT Manager to ensure new NS general ledger accounts and new ADP data fields are correctly mapped and incorporated in each payroll funding when adding a new building or Corporate Department.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation to support payroll activities in an audit-ready manner.
- Set up new employees on payroll system in a timely manner.
- Prepare accurate required reporting, including monthly management reporting for PTO, allocations, etc. within established time frames.
- Set up and maintain garnishment payments in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Provide required information to collecting agencies.
- Accurately process manual checks and payroll adjustments as required within established timeframes.
- Accurately set up special payrolls for special payments, including bonuses as required.
- Process stop payments in a timely manner.
- Review W-2's for accuracy and distribute within established time frames.
- Maintain and communicate payroll schedule including deadlines for data submission
- Promptly respond to and resolve payroll inquiries from staff.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure accurate pay for employees on leaves of absence including ensuring third-party payments are processed correctly, coordinating use of accrued PTO with employee, and ensuring PTO and third-party pay do not exceed plan specified maximum earnings
- Calculate and process employer portion of FICA and Medicare for employees receiving disability pay.
- Prepare 401(k) funding analysis and wire transfer documentation within established timeframes.
- Thoroughly review and prepare for payment all ADP payroll-related invoices.
- Provide accurate and timely information to Property Accounting for payroll audit issues.
- Verify and balance quarterly and annual state and federal payroll compliance and tax returns.
- Ensure all payroll activities conform to company policies and standards and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Perform monthly and quarterly reporting and respond to ad-hoc requests for payroll-related and labor statistics from government entities.
- Assist FP&A with the analysis of current and future personnel expense; prepare customized reports as needed.
- Thoroughly analyze personnel variances for all corporate departments each month and clearly document the cause of the variance within timelines established by Accounting; accurately forecast all corporate departments' personnel expenses.
- Promptly respond to various requests for information regarding personnel data. Utilize payroll system to extrapolate relevant data in usable format for requester.
- Responsible to manage the preparation and distribution of Annual Compensation Statements ensuring high quality, error free deliverables within established timeframes.
- Manage the collection and data entry of imputed income.
- Provide payroll data to Accounting on dispositions in preparation of the close; true-up numbers and deliver new data following close.
- Establish EINs in states where we are not presently an employer
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED