Composite Build Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Composite Build Engineer
Structures Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Working closely with design engineers and internal shops to get manufacturing and testing processes and procedures defined and optimized
- Assembly and testing area layout and setup
- Create and maintain a build schedule that lists all discrete fabrication and assembly tasks
- Ensure that all parts are fabricated or purchased at the correct time to facilitate the build schedule Create and maintain shortage lists as required, and coordinate with all parties involved to resolve design, fabrication, assembly, and purchasing problems as they arise
- Tool design and development
- Managing the transition of parts from development to production
- Resource management, planning, and interfacing with other production groups including interface with our MRP system and planning group to ensure timely production
- Resolving manufacturing discrepancies and interfacing with the quality team during development and when establishing critical characteristics for production
- Support the integration process of components to sub-assemblies and sub-assemblies to the vehicle to improve the bill of material
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineer, or Production Engineering
- Candidates must have at least 3 years of professional experience transitioning complex mechanical design projects into production; an advanced degree plus strong related project and internship experience can supplement for the required industry experience
- Experience in taking products through their life cycle processes with particular emphasis on Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly
- Must have an ongoing drive for continuous improvement in all aspects of work
- Must be able to work well in an integrated collaborative team environment including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Unigraphics (UGS) and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems is desired.
- Knowledge of metallic or composite manufacturing techniques, processes, equipment, and materials such as:
- Sheet Metal Forming
- Structural Assembly
- Experience with Unigraphics (UGS) and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED