Composite Production Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Composite Production Engineer
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Develops and refines materials and process requirements for the components based on design requirements.
- Evaluates materials data from research for verification and validation purposes and identify further testing or development work.
- Authors materials and process specifications.
- Implements and manages materials testing programs.
- Assists in or authors process equipment specifications, installations and implementation.
- Reviews test data and undertakes post testing activities including design allowable calculations, equivalency determinations and failure mode analysis.
- Reviews & approves manufacturing plans and procedures to ensure compliance with design and process requirements.
- Reviews process non-conformance issues and provide dispositions & verifications.
- Provides expertise in the use of metrology equipment to verify hardware dimensional compliance including Laser projector, Laser tracker, CMM and conventional inspection techniques.
- Assists in creating e-BOM based on prototype design configuration.
- Assists with the engineering definition review, approval, and release process.
- Confers with management, design engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited institution in Materials, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, Applied Sciences or relevant discipline.
- 2-8 years of experience required.
- Experience developing, applying and problem solving of advanced composite materials and processes used in the manufacture of composite vehicle, structural components and tooling including manual & machine lay-up, autoclave & out of autoclave processing, compression molding, CNC machining, adhesive bonding & fixturing and inspection of details and assemblies.
- Experience with authoring / revising materials and process specifications for advancedcomposite materials
- Experience with establishing, implementing and managing a materials test programs and analyzing test data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Project.
- Experience with parametric 3D CAD modeling. Unigraphics NX7.5 & Fibersim experience a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with AS9100, ASTM and other aerospace or industry standards a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing based ERP systems a plus.
- DOD clearance is a plus.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED