Composites Manufacturing Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Composites Manufacturing Engineer
Structures Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Manufacturing/Production â€" One of the most critical needs we now have at SpaceX is for Manufacturing/Production engineers. With two vehicles flight proven, we have a $3 billion backlog of sold flights. The next critical phase is proving our ability to build rockets with increasing speed while maintaining quality in order to meet the markets high demand. We are looking to add Manufacturing Engineers throughout the company.
- You will take responsibility for the effective line layout and training of technicians for particular parts and final assembly and must have an ongoing drive for continuous improvement in all aspects of work.
- Managing the transition of parts from development to production.
- Working closely with design engineers and internal shops to get parts built.
- Developing production procedures/processes.
- Resource management, planning, and interfacing with other production groups including interface with our MRP system and planning group to ensure timely production.
- Resolving manufacturing discrepancies and interfacing with the quality team.
- Support the integration process of components to sub-assemblies and sub-assemblies to the vehicle to improve the bill of process.
- Bachelor degree required (Manufacturing, Industrial, Production, Quality or Mechanical engineering degrees). Preferably a higher degree in engineering.
- 2-8 years of experience required
- Experience in taking products through launch and into production
- Extensive composite knowledge required. Experience with lay-up, lamination, finishing or soft goods required
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Process development, facility and line layouts, PFMEA, Error-Proofing
- Lean Manufacturing Tools, SMED, Kanban, OEE, 5S
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience with Design for Manufacture and Assembly
- Experience in a team oriented environment
- Experience with Unigraphics (UGS) and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems is desired.
- Knowledge of metallic or composite manufacturing techniques, processes, equipment, and other processes such as: machining, welding, sheet metal forming, tube bending and stamping
- Understanding of test methods
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED