Computational Linguistics Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Computational Linguistics Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
We are seeking a key position in our applied sciences and algos team to build our data platform systems to drive our data strategy and content production. The company's success is predicated on our ability to relate our content to our users needs and optimize that experience. Qualified candidates will understand natural language processing (NLP), probabilistic parsing, semantic disambiguation, named entity resolution (NER), part-of-speech (PoS) tagging and linguistic pragmatics. Your hands-on expertise in computational linguistic algorithms and talent will be strategic to achieve business advantage and revenue goals.
- Build semantic and linguistic models to characterize user interests and intent, and guide optimal content production.
- Apply advanced algorithms to engineer domain ontologies and large-scale taxonomies necessary to manage large document corpora that encompass several millions of documents distributed across hundreds of verticals as well as social-media data streams.
- Implement scalable algorithms to model and extract knowledge from real-world large data sets. Measure and quantify how your algorithms improve user experience.
- Your familiarity with a broad range of NLP techniques and machine learning algorithms will be key to devise novel, inter-disciplinary approaches for the effective discovery of information.
- Bring new algorithms, approaches and tools to the table in this fast paced and constantly changing discipline.
Key skills and experiences:
- Strong interest and proven track record in designing and implementing NLP algorithms.
- Familiarity with PoS tagging, lexicon/corpus based representations, semantic nets, grammatical inference, statistical linguistics, machine translation...
- Experience with small and large scale advanced data mining techniques.
- Team based collaborative development process and implementations.
- Experience delivering production algorithms with measurable revenue return a plus.
- Experience with one of Python, Java, C++, C, Linux in a production environment.
- Experience with open source â€œbig dataâ€ components such as Hadoop, hBase, Hive, Pig, etc. a plus.
- Experience with statistical packages like â€œRâ€ or Matlab a plus.
- BS in one of: CS, EE, Math or Physics required. MS preferred. PhD preferred a little more.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED