Configuration Consultant-North America (Changed from Technical Consultant) Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We need a few GREAT Technical Consultants in North America!
Even the best software requires a great implementation team for project success. Our Professional Services team has built Guidewire's unmatched level of customer success through a lean, collaborative approach to core system implementation.
Listening to customers who told us that they could not afford the disruption and costs of runaway projects, we sought to innovate in implementation to the same degree that we had in software development. Today, several key characteristics distinguish a Guidewire project:
- Small team of veteran consultants with overlapping skills, insurance experience, and Guidewire product expertise
- Rigorously quantitative work planning based on fact-base of successful implementations
- Project execution organized into month-long 'sprints' to maintain urgency and accountability
- Complete knowledge transfer to customers
As representatives of a product-oriented company, Guidewire consultant teams are completely aligned with customer goals: project success, on time and on budget. Combined with the great configurability of our solutions, this has allowed Guidewire to achieve closer alignment with customer requirements at consistently lower Total Cost of Ownership.
Guidewire is growing our professional services team based on strong customer demand. We have an immediate need for a Technical Consultant who can work on-site implementing our product for property & casualty insurance carriers. Our software is a large, packaged software application that is integrated in a multi-tier web application environment using standard technologies like web services and JMS messaging. The Technical Consultant should be able to design, program, test and deploy complicated integration software using our internally-designed language Gosu, as well as Java. Gosu runs on the Java Virtual Machine and is 100% compatible with Java (http://gosu-lang.org/.)
The purpose of a foundation in OOD/OOP is to understand the complexities of the integration solutions we design while we are onsite. The ideal background would be in JAVA, C#, Scala, C++, or SmallTalk.
Technical Consultants are expected to spend the majority of their time on site with the customer's business and technical teams. Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office. These roles represent Guidewire Software to our customer. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, design skills, programming skills, and customer-facing skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- Learn and master your assigned Guidewire product in order to perform technical consulting and achieve certification
- Use Java and Gosu, Guidewire's open source language, to integrate and configure our software at insurance carriers throughout North American
- Consult with insurance carrier technical resources to qualify technical and business requirements
- Become a subject matter expert in insurance industry technical solutions as well as a Gosu expert
- Exceptional integration skills using advanced OOD/OOP and messaging for n-tier applications integration as a hands-on programming resource, not simply architecture
- Background in big 5 consulting firm or equivalent in a customer facing role
Functional & Interpersonal Domain Expertise:
- Capability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Strong oral and written communications skills including English language skills and ideally one or more of the following other languages: Italian, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Finnish, Chinese, Japanese (desired not required)
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role
- Ability to handle technical leadership tasks (Solution Design, Estimating)
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
Customer Focus/Team Work
- Ability to work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups
- Dedication to delivering exceptional results
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight
- Cross functional skills and experience working on small teams
The Guidewire team is very proud of the reputation we have earned in the industry. We take great pride in the products we build and the manner in which we operate as a company and on an individual level.
- We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do: truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality: communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality: working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is publicly traded under symbol: GWRE
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services