The Active Network, Inc. provides technology applications and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles. The company's application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing community activities and fundraising events. Its marketing services offer integrated online and field marketing campaigns that help brands develop authentic relationships with active consumers. Its consumer properties offer a comprehensive destination for the active lifestyle.
The Active Network is currently seeking a Configuration Release Engineer for our SCM department. This position will be focused on developing, extending, integrating, and administering CM enterprise utilities for build, configuration, and release in support of The Active Network's applications.
* Primary responsibility will be to work as a member of a team to create, implement, and support world class CM build and release utilities to support entire SDLC from development to production deployment.
* Strong experience with Linux/Unix platform and scripting languages; Perl, shell, Java, and ant.
* Develop and implement release system to support production zero downtime deployments.
* Coordinate with Development, QA, and Operations teams to identify and implement improvements in automation to increase efficiency.
* Candidate will be expected to have a thorough understanding of software processes and lifecycle (SDLC) and use this knowledge to identify improvements, including design and implementation of new process.
* Design and develop scalable CM automation solutions to support fast growth within the department.
* Develop and document new and existing designs and setups.
* Participate and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Cross train peers and junior staff as required to support new designs.
* Collaborate with other team members on technologies, concepts and standards.
* Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field.
* 3+ years experience in software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management.
* 3+ years experience programming; Perl, Java, Shell preferred.
* Experience supporting high availability software systems with zero downtime releases.
* Experience in design and implementation of custom tools.
* Experience with CM utilities; SVN, Jira, Hudson/Jenkins; Git a plus.
* Experience with database deployment; Oracle a plus.
* Exposure to multiple datacenter application architecture desirable.
* Experience with Windows environment a plus.
|Location:||San Diego, CA |
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|