Configuration Release/Manager Engineer Dotomi
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Function: Technology
About Us: At Dotomi, we are inventing a future of advertising that consumers love because it is personal and relevant. It is a future shaped by bringing together the country?s best technologists and innovative advertising and marketing minds. We take pride in blending technology art and massive data to make a big impact with millions of consumers on a deeply personal level.
Our depth of experience creating large scale one to one advertising messages for some of the biggest brand names positions us as a leader in the online marketing sector. These well known marketers are moving their advertising dollars to Dotomi because we are proven to drive big results- and that is creating rapid growth. If you are looking for a unique, fun and fast paced environment with the opportunity to grow in a creative and dynamic business, then this is the place for you.
Responsible for build automation and software configuration management using Maven and Atlassian Bamboo running in a Linux environment. This role will work closely with Development and QA teams to ensure builds are reliable, repeatable and consistent. Candidate should be familiar with continuous integration concepts and tools and have strong experience in scripting languages like Bash and Perl.
- Create and oversee all builds and deployment of releases to production and non-production environments.
- Create branches and integrate submitted/changed code into a release branch in the source control system.
- Ensuring that the automated build and test suites run smoothly, are functioning properly, and that they will alert the owners of problems.
- Act as a "Gatekeeper" to all environments including production, ensuring proper release procedures are followed.
- Actively participate in the establishment, improvement, documentation, communication and enforcement of configuration and change management processes for software, hardware and systems.
- Report on configuration status of development, test and production environments.
- Recommend new processes, procedures and tools to continue to improve and increase efficiency of the configuration management build process.
- Provide training on the configuration and change management processes.
- Automate build and deployment process for all applications
- Maintain project builds in continuous integration server, as well as Sonar and Fisheye
- Manage versioned artifacts in artifact repository (Nexus).
- Maintain, improve and build new tools for use with managing source repositories
- 1 year experience with build automation and software configuration management
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Information Systems or other degree with equivalent work experience required.
- Experience automating manual processes using scripting languages.
- Experience building and deploying Java and C/C++ Applications.
- Experience integrating change and release management processes and tooling.
- Experience working with rapid, overlapping product release cycles.
- Experience and expertise with Maven and Bamboo or other continuous integration servers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and respond to multiple and conflicting requests under tight deadlines and in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to analyze deployment/build processes and schedules and identify areas of risk or conflict.
- Flexibility in adjusting schedules to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with technical project managers, developers and QA team members.
- Ability to assess quickly to the current configuration management and build process.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
||1 North Wacker Drive |
Chicago, IL 60606
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED