Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide and received more than 13,000 reservations for Model S. Model S, the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries to U.S. customers in June of this year and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
This role manages all phases of several simultaneous Tesla Supercharger installation projects, including feasibility diligence, design, construction and closeout. Because the Supercharger program is new, this role will help refine processes and operational tools, schedules and budgets. The role is responsible for ensuring quality, budget and scheduling expectations are achieved. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of project management experience, and a track record for meeting budget and schedule goals.
Actively drive 5+ simultaneous projects, each involving:
- Diligence and feasibility
- Project budget
- Project schedule
- Approach/strategy for project implementation
- Utility service and interconnection
- Installation design and construction drawings
- Equipment procurement
- Permitting and inspection approach
- Rebate and incentive strategy
- Construction contracting
Additional, key responsibilities:
- Manage ongoing relationships with key external partners, including property owners/managers, general contractors, permitting authorities, utilities, and others.
- Manage ongoing relationships with key internal teams, including purchasing, engineering, production, and service.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years infrastructure project management experience, ideally involving new power service and/or distributed generation
- Proven track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous construction projects on time and within budget, and adhering to the highest quality and standards
- Able to communicate effectively to a wide range of individuals; building officials, tenant coordinators, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, consultants, Tesla direct vendors, and internal Tesla staff
- Ability to identify potential problems and resolve before they become costly to correct
- Understanding of the design process and practiced ability to manage engineers, architects and consultants
- Ability to develop new design approaches that can save time and money
- Ability to effectively manage General Contractors
- Excellent cost control, project forecasting skills and ability to develop detailed schedules
- Working knowledge of construction documents, commercial leases, and construction exhibits
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) as required, and perhaps beyond 50% during the first few months of employment
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|