The Consulting System Engineer (CSE), Performance Testing is the â€œgo-toâ€ resource for customer specific performance testing requests and requirements. The CSE works closely with local Sales/SE teams on large customer opportunities that require in-depth, individual performance tests. The CSE is also responsible for working with and coordinating with many different departments within the company including Product Management, Technical Marketing and Support. The CSE serves as the expert internal resource on particular performance issues and makes technical and sales-oriented presentations to technical staff and top management. Assists in preparation of responses to RFPs.
· Conducting performance testing at Layers 3 -7 for large customer opportunities. These tests are usually unique to a specific customer.
· Help conduct Executive Briefing Center (EBC) visits that include agenda items for conducting and demonstrating performance test results
· Develop/maintain knowledge of performance limitations and specifications for key competitors.
· Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to resolve and performance related issues
· Training the technical teams (Support, SEs, etc) on performance specific tests and results
· Helping with positioning the performance of Palo Alto vs. our key competitors
· Develop/maintain an in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of the entire Palo Alto product line.
· Develop/maintain strong technical relationships with our partners and customers technical team in order to identify new opportunities.
· Up to 50% travel
· 5+ years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales or systems engineer
· 7+ years experience in high performance firewall, IDS/IPS, and URL filtering technologies
· 5+ years of experience using common performance testing platforms including IXIA, Spirent, Breaking Point, etc.
· Strong understanding of Internet Applications and implications of testing L7 Applications through firewalls and IDS/IPS systems.
· Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPNs, LANs, WANs, Network Security and QoS.
· Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES.
· Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required.
· Strong presentation skills
· BS EE/CS or equivalent experience.
· Required: Undergraduate degree in technical field (EE, CE, etc.) or equivalent experience
|Location:||Santa Clara, CA |
|Headquarters:||2130 Gold Street|
Alviso, CA 95002