Consulting Systems Engineer - Security Management Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Consulting Systems Engineer (CSE), Security Management is the â€œgo-toâ€ resource for designing large-scale and complex, customer specific system management systems utilizing our central management software (Panorama) and other industry products.
The CSE works closely with local Sales/SE teams on large customer opportunites that require large-scale security management soluitions. The CSE is also responsible for working with and co-ordinating with many different departments within the company including Product Management, Technical Marketing and Support. The CSE serves as the expert internal resource on particular management issues and makes technical and sales-oriented presentations to technical staff and top management. Assists in preparation of responses to RFPs.
- Design specific management solutions utilizing Panorama and partner technologies for large customer opportunites. These designs are usually unique to a specific customer.
- Help conduct Executive Briefing Center (EBC) visits that include agenda items for discussing pros/cons of different potential designs and implementations of Panorama
- Develop/maintain knowledge of management tool limitations and specifications for key competitors.
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Training the technical teams (Support, SEs, etc) on Panorama including competitive analysis
- Helping with positioning Panorama vs. solutions from our key competitors
- Develop/maintain an in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of Panorama and competitive products
- Develop/maintain strong technical relationships with our partner solutions that complement Panorama (e.g., SIEM product, SNMP Management systems, etc.)
- Up to 60% travel
5+ years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales or systems engineer
- 7+ years experience in designing management solutions for large-scale firewall and IPS deployments
- 5+ years of experience using common security management platforms including competitive products and adjacent technologies such as SIEM and SNMP tools
- Strong understanding of challenges in managing large numbers of devices (1,000-5,000+)
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Network Security, VPN, IDS/IPS, URL Filtering
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, SNMP, Syslog, IPsec
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required.
- Strong presentation skills
- BS EE/CS or equivalent experience.
- Required: Undergraduate degree in technical field (EE, CE, etc.) or equivalent experience
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED