Contract - Vehicle Test Operator (Fremont, CA)
This position will work as a member of Tesla's Vehicle Test Group to support vehicle testing performed in the workshop, on the test track, and in the field. The primary objective of this role is to conduct vehicle durability test cycles in accordance with Tesla test procedures. The successful candidate for this position must have a clean driving record, a general understanding of automotive technology, and the flexibility to work in a dynamic & fast paced work environment.
- Perform durability and vehicle performance test cycles in accordance with Tesla test procedures. Durability test cycles include performing drive cycles on the test track, on the chassis dyno, on public roads, charging the vehicle, and cycling vehicle parts (doors, windows, steering, seats, switches, etc.).
- Evaluate vehicle performance & quality while performing test cycles and communicate observations to test technicians and engineers.
- Document test event information throughout vehicle testing.
- Assist technicians and engineers to duplicate vehicle behaviors observed during vehicle testing.
- Perform basic pre-drive vehicle safety check (fluids, tire pressure, tire tread condition, etc.).
- Operate data acquisition equipment following test team instructions. Upload data to data servers.
- Data entry into the vehicle test databases and data sheets.
- Support vehicle testing in remote locations. Support duties would include: transporting test vehicles and equipment to remote test locations using Tesla medium duty truck & trailer, assisting test technicians/engineers during test preparation, and performing vehicle test driving on test tracks and on public roadways.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions to perform vehicle test cycles while evaluating vehicle performance & quality.
- Ability to cycle vehicle parts in an efficient manner (doors, windows, steering, get in/out of seats, cycle switches, etc.).
- Ability to follow technician/engineer instructions to operate test vehicles, charging equipment, basic hand tools, test equipment, and data acquisition systems used for data collection.
- Experience with MS office tools (Outlook/Excel/Word/Internet Explorer) and Adobe products.
- Experience and ability to tow car hauler and other large trailers to transport test vehicles.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the public.
- Work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to travel domestically (up to 25%).
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|