The Active Network is looking for a corporate transactional paralegal/contracts administrator/attorney to be the organizational and efficiency backbone of our legal team. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Implementation, management, and improvement of legal department procedures, processes, and policies throughout the company.
- Implementation, management, and maintenance of the company's contract management system and records management program.
- Act as a principal point of contact and gatekeeper between business stakeholders and the attorneys by assisting with drafting, editing, and negotiating various types of agreements, including NDAs, basic software licenses, RFPs, basic HR related agreements, trade show agreements, contests, and IT procurement agreements.
- Police and enforce the company's contracting policies and procedures.
- Maintain, update, and revise legal department forms, and assist with other corporate â€œhousekeepingâ€ tasks.
- Act as a liaison between department attorneys, company stakeholders (e.g., sales and account managers), and other external parties involved in the contracting process.
- Manage the contract lifecycle by ensuring compliance with process metrics and internal SLAs, assist with issues, escalations, and obtaining necessary approvals and signatures.
- Search for and obtain existing contracts requested by business stakeholders, and assist with follow-up on contract and contract-related informational requests.
- Create and manage intake retrieval and document organization/indexing methodologies that will permit logical and easy access to source and retrieve Company contracts and records
- Assist with compliance, due diligence, and legal support.
- Provide, arrange, and facilitate formal and informal education and training for staff concerning the contract process in coordination with or at the direction of staff attorneys.
Work with individual business units developing and maintaining retention policies and schedules for all corporate records
- Incorporate vision, forward looking focus, best practices and project management concepts into the contracts administration processes and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate administrative functions within the department.
- Could also be asked to assist with, among other things, Federal Securities/Blue Sky filings; various corporate governance matters, policies, and procedures drafting (e.g., for SOX compliance); M&A diligence and other transactional support; and/or litigation support.
- Contribute to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a paralegal or attorney, with a preference for paralegals/attorneys who have worked in public companies or have had significant contract management exposure.
- Bachelors degree or higher.
- Paralegal and/or nationally recognized contract administration certification preferred.
- Experience in contract drafting, negotiation, and administration.
- Strong skills with Excel, Microsoft Access, Business Objects, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and cope well with change.
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo.
- Ability to organize, manage, and motivate staff to accomplish the assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Solid background in contracts with the ability to (a) draft form agreements; and (b) review, understand, synthesize, and communicate basic provisions from various types of contracts.
- Comfort with simple calculations.
- Ability to conduct legal research.
- Strong experience utilizing technology and systems including Image scanning/conversion/OCR and document coding experience
-Demonstrated ability to oversee and coordinate numerous complex and time-critical client support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing support activities
-Demonstrated understanding of and strong interest in records management issues and problems relating to electronic records and paperless information systems, with the ability to apply IT solutions and develop functional use requirements for such systems - Ability to have a good time in a casual atmosphere, while working hard and meeting expectations!
|Location:||San Diego, CA |
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|