Contracts Manager Sparta Systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Function
Establish software, and software-related (services, maintenance, subscription, etc.) licensing agreement management, preparation, negotiation, acceptance and administration standards. Oversees the management of contractual documents for protection of the company?s business interests, protection of intellectual property, revenue recognition and exposure to liabilities, while maintaining , satisfactiory customer acceptance of contract outcomes. Internal clients include multiple business lines including Sales, Professional Services, Maintenance, Partners, Hosting and Training. Coordinating interface with Company legal counsel when necessary as part of the contract process, to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Participate in negotiation of major contracts and decisions regarding important business transactions. Performing these functions requires this individual to take charge of decision making process when reaching agreement with customers and/or their legal representatives and making binding company commitments. Judgment and discretion required to interpret legal guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Negotiations (either in person, or via telephone/VC) with customer?s buying centers (including business, legal and procurement teams) for complex contractual agreements and prepares documents as necessary.
2. Work directly with customer base to ensure streamlined flow of document exchange and version control tracking.
3. Responsible for negotiating and carrying out commercial contract issues and/or licensing agreements, including new and add-on business. Interacts directly with sales team and customer, as appropriate in the sales process to ensure customer service is provided to new and existing customers and that contracts are closed as timely and efficiently as possible.
4. Ensures company counsel are engaged in an efficient and effective manner to maximize the value from the use of attorneys in the contract process.
5. . Ensures the company?s business is well-protected in terms of revenue maximization and recognition, protecting of vital interests such as intellectual property and liability and that risks of contract exposures from the aforementioned are minimized.
6. Oversees development of new software and/or service agreement documents to meet changing market and sales needs, including new offerings as needed.
7. Analyzes extraordinary terms and conditions when required in the context of complex negotiations which will bind the organization.
1. Bachelor?s Degree in Business Administration; JD, MBA, or Master?s Degree strongly preferred.
2. 10-15 years related work experience in a relevant role, requiring strong interaction and negotiating skills
3. Ability to coordinate across multiple business functions, to deliver results. .
4. Ability to engage with senior management and outside counsel relative to contract issues and proposed positions or negotiation points .
5. Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment and handle peak periods of work demand, such as quarter- and year-end.
6. Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Keen ability to prioritize work tasks in accordance with Company goals and objectives
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
9. Able to be flexible with regard to travel including short-notice requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills.
2. Results oriented.
3. High energy level.
4. Strong expertise in Microsoft Office.
5. Familiarity with software revenue recognition is a plus.
6. Positive "can do" attitude with willingness to take on a multitude of hands-on tasks.
7. Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in person, over the telephone, and in written correspondence.
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED