Contracts Officer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Product Development & Mission Management | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
The Product and Mission Management Office at SpaceX is charged with leading, at a programmatic level, the successful execution of the terms and conditions agreed to by contract with our customers. The office includes roles in product management, business development and sales support, proposal development, mission management, mission engineering, contract management, scheduling, and regulatory coordination.
Our rapid growth has created an opportunity to add a Contracts Officer to the team. This person will serve as a direct customer interface with overall responsibility for administration of and compliance with assigned Government and commercial contracts. If the Contracts Officer is also an attorney, he/she will also assist with general in-house legal work such as non-disclosure agreements, purchase agreements, and assisting in proposal preparation and review.
The ideal candidate will be extremely motivated, organized, and a self-starter with the ability to effectively interact with customers, vendors, the Product and Mission Management team, and SpaceX personnel. They will advise mission managers and others on contract/legal matters as needed and help ensure compliance with all contract terms and conditions.
- Represent SpaceX to customers and serve as a counterpart to the Contracting Officer (for Government contracts) and equivalent position for commercial contracts
- Ensure compliance with prime contract requirements; assist and advise mission managers with contract performance
- Analyze and provide advice regarding commercial and Government requests for proposal
- Review, advise and provide input into commercial and Government proposals
- Review, interpret and provide advice regarding commercial and Government contracts
- Ensure proper acquisition and performance of contracts in accordance with SpaceX corporate policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Recommend modifications and courses of action during contract administration to mission managers and top management, as necessary
- Advise management of their rights and obligations under the contracts
- Create and maintain extensive contract and business files
- Additional Responsibilities for attorney Candidate: Provide business related legal advice to SpaceX personnel
- Assist Mission Managers and other SpaceX personnel by analyzing and interpreting contract/legal language
- Create, advise on, review, analyze and negotiate various types of contracts, as needed
- Must be able to fulfill responsibilities listed above
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or Bachelor's degree in any field with a Master's degree in a related field or a law degree
- At least 2-5 years of contract/contract management related experience
- Knowledge of Government contracts, including contract types, the FAR, DFARS, and/or NFS
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications
- Knowledge of a variety of contract vehicles
- Ability to obtain Department of Defense (DoD) Security Clearance
- JD degree/active licensed attorney
- DoD and/or NASA contract administration or related experience
- RFP analysis and large scale proposal preparation experience is a plus
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED