Tesla Motors' mission is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. We are leading a revolution to transform the automotive industry with zero-emissions technology and reminding drivers why they love their cars in the process.
Tesla designs, manufactures and sells electric cars and electric vehicle powertrain components. Founded in 2003, it was the first company in the world to build a fully electric vehicle in serial production. It has remained ahead of the curve ever since.
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs and EV power train components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide. Model S, the first premium sedan to be built from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries in June 2012.
This position manages our nationwide fleet of delivery vehicles, employee shuttles, logistics vehicles and service vehicles. This is a strategic position that drives the policies, procedures and metrics for the standardization of compliance and safety, and facilitate cost and maintenance management.
- Mastery of DOT regulation and state by state requirements
- Maintains company documents including driver log books, vehicle inspection reports and CHP audits
- Administers and manages the California Pull Notice program
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Participates in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements preventive/corrective measures
- Compiles, maintains and enforces all policies and procedures
- Works with the Safety/Risk team to ensure that all vehicles and fleet staff meet the safety standards and policies and procedures are implemented and executed.
- Facilitate national fleet cost savings initiatives including but not limited to A) Maintenance parts B) Engines and transmissions C) Fuel optimization
- Plans and coordinates the policies and procedures surrounding the maintenance and repair programs for the entire fleet.
- Makes recommendations for needed new capitalized vehicles.
- Develops a plan to retire old vehicles.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding the distribution of vehicles between markets/operations.
- Leverage the ability to repair and marry wrecked units between markets.
- Communications with field fleet staff and management, sets goals and holds people accountable for results
Maintains positive leadership, gives frequent performance feedback, conducts regularly scheduled meetings, and encourages two-way participation and ideas
- Shares lessons learned and best practices
- 5+ years experience with running a national fleet including at least one of the following: passenger, vehicle, parts and equipment transportation / delivery.
- A working knowledge of vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Experience with managing communication in a dispersed workforce.
- Experience influencing change through field operations that are located across the country.
- Must be proficient in use of PC and various software packages.
- Act with integrity and honesty, avoiding actual or apparent conflicts of interest in personal and professional relationships.
- Comply with rules and regulations of federal, state, provincial and local governments, and other appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Strong project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work within budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrate listening, analytical, and consultative selling skills.
- Effectively use data from different sources to identify issues and quickly identify the central or underlying issues in a complex situation. The ability to identify problems, recommend solutions and effectively implement plans and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and drive change and new processes, from idea to conception.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficient in use of spreadsheet and database software. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|