Corporate Controller - San Francisco MuleSoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
CORPORATE CONTROLLER - San Francisco
MuleSoft is looking for a dynamic, talented, experienced and extremely motivated individual to manage all accounting functions for the leading cloud integration company. Based out of our headquarters in San Francisco, you will report directly to the CFO and your responsibilities will include financial reporting, treasury and budgeting activities. We are experiencing explosive growth and are looking for a key leader to help us scale our infrastructure.
We are looking for someone who has experience in developing and managing the build-out of financial controls and implementing systems necessary for a dynamic, fast moving software company that is preparing for an IPO. With offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, Buenos Aires, London and Sydney, experience in managing international accounting operations, developing tax efficient international structures and ensuring compliance with all necessary laws is a requirement. Strong technical accounting skills are also a pre-requisite.
- Responsible for all company accounting processes and functions, including timely and accurate recording and reporting of all financial transactions and system reconciliations
- Manage internal and external reporting, general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, taxes, insurance, fixed assets, cash applications, credit and collections.
- Drive a timely monthly close process and ensure the accuracy of financial transactions and financial reports. Own revenue recognition
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations
- Work with external tax advisor to ensure compliance with all necessary laws
- Create tax efficient international corporate structures and business practices, including setting up new international entities
- Oversee external financial audits
- Partner with the CFO in the budgeting process.
- Lead, develop and build out the accounting/finance team.
- Serve as the company's expert for accounting matters, partnering with other departments (Legal, Sales, IT, and HR) on structuring policies, and advising with respect to accounting and tax implications
- Develop cross-functional processes and/or structures that improve the efficiency of the finance organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- CPA license
- Top academic credentials
- 12-15 years of total accounting experience of increasing levels of responsibility, of which:
- 5-10 years in a nationally recognized public accounting firm. Big Four firm preferred
- 2-5 years in a US public company, particularly in a SOX environment preferred
- Experience in managing accounting for a software company preparing for a US IPO, that included filing a registration statement with the SEC, at a minimum
- Experience in managing international accounting operations, developing tax efficient international structures and ensuring compliance with all necessary laws is a requirement
SKILLS AND VALUES:
- Exceptionally strong judgment, integrity
- High energy, driven, results oriented, focused on rapid execution
- Commercially-minded problem solver, who drives finance and accounting to deliver for the business
- Strong technical accounting skills and superior knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and compliance a must
- Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, collections, budgeting, tax, banking, cash management, regulatory requirements, international operations, inter-company transactions, foreign exchange accounting, and cost control principles are required
- Proficiency in integrated accounting packages combining AR, AP and other G/L functions. Experience with Intacct is a plus
- Proven record of recruiting, managing, and motivating a financial accounting team. History of mentoring team members and enabling them to excel
- Excellent oral communication skills, strong writer - very focused â€œmessaging.â€ Able to explain financial issues or concepts to non-financial audience
- Ability to juggle many matters at one time under time constraints, with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Fluency in Spanish is a strong plus
MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform for connecting SaaS and enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise. With the rise of cloud and mobile, enterprises face a choice: become overwhelmed by the resulting explosion of endpoints or seize the opportunity to gain competitive advantage. Founded on the idea that connecting applications should not be hard, MuleSoft helps organizations harness the power of their applications through integration. Supporting billions of transactions per day, MuleSoft is used in production by thousands of enterprises, including Walmart, MasterCard, Nokia, NestlÃ© and Honeywell, and powers integrations with leading SaaS vendors such as salesforce.com, NetSuite, Workday, Intuit and Box.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
, Lightspeed Venture Partners
, Sapphire Ventures All Jobs: at MuleSoft
|Headquarters:||30 Maiden Lane|
San Francisco, CA 94108
|Company Profile:||MuleSoft is an explosive growth, well-funded software startup. Our award-winning products have been downloaded over 1.5 million times, and more than 2,500 organizations are using them in production, including big-dog companies like Walmart.com, Nestle, Honeywell, DHL, as well as 5 of the world's top 10 banks. In 2009 we grew revenues 152 and quadrupled our product offering.
We are laser-focused on making life easier for developers and IT. Our products are built on Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, open source projects that are being downloaded and used by millions of people worldwide. Today's developers are looking for simplicity and freedom from the bloated legacy Java "stacks" that were built over a decade ago. They need middleware that embraces today's web-centric approaches, including dynamic languages, mobile, and the cloud. This new lightweight approach is fundamentally changing the industry, and we are leading that movement -- we call it Web Middleware.
At MuleSoft, our singular mission is to build a great company with a brilliant team of colleagues. If you think you can make a huge difference and are ready to show us, we want to meet you.|
Support MuleSoft with Social Media services