Corporate Counsel - San Francisco MuleSoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Do you wake up each day knowing that you have a direct impact on the growth and scale of your organization? Is your attention to detail laser sharp? Do you set a high bar for your performance and expect the same from those around you? This is what it takes to thrive at MuleSoft, an explosive growth integration company where the smartest minds in the tech business thrive.
MuleSoft is looking for a dynamic, talented and extremely motivated attorney who craves a high impact position within the leading cloud integration company. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented, creative thinking, multi-tasker that is also an artful negotiator with substantial experience in effective client interaction and transactional contracts. You care about both bringing in revenue for the Company as well as managing downside risk and liability for MuleSoft. This role is critical to our future success and MuleSoft is looking for a self-starter that wants to dig deep into each of our prospective customer contracts and interface with potential customers, MuleSoft's sales organization & executive team as well as associated outside counsel.
MuleSoft is creating a new generation of lightweight integration platform that makes integrating applications, consuming APIs and web services - both on premise and in the cloud. We are a well funded, San Francisco-based startup with a killer team, an existing community of over 100,000 users, partners and customers (from banks and airlines to successful e-commerce sites and the latest SaaS startups) great buzz, and superb investors. We're moving fast, building neat stuff, and changing integration middleware into a platform as a service delivery model.
- Review and negotiate contracts and relating documents for potential new customers and deals
- Manage multiple customer and vendor contracts for multiple departments throughout the Company
- Work with current outside counsel to develop an expertise in the open source software market
- Play a critical role in generating Company revenue while balancing revenue generation with managing the liability and downside risk of the Company
- Willingness to be available during heavy contract flow with the seasonality of the business
- Work closely with the CFO on critically important contract points
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High energy/drive â€" Contract negotiation is a crucial position requiring someone who needs to be on top of their game at all times
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and interact effectively with clients and business leaders at all levels of the organization from Sales Representatives to the Executive Team
- Fast learner who can quickly take charge of all things relating to contracts
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms and conditions for sophisticated contracts with potential customers
- Innovative & creative problem solver with proven ability to think outside of the box for solutions
- Self-motivated and exhibits a passion for understanding MuleSoft's business and contributing in a meaningful way to its business strategy and long-term strategic goals
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to juggle many matters at one time under time constraints and work autonomously
- Practice with a sense of urgency
- 2- 5 years of experience
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) required
- Transactional experience strongly preferred
- Experience in technical startup environment preferred
With an exceptionally fast cycle of development, a truly entrepreneurial culture with 100% ownership of your product, and an overall creative and forward-thinking mindset, this should be the dream job of any Corporate Counsel. Your opportunity is to very quickly impact and become an industry leader in a huge, $500 billion dollar market.
- Benefits package includes health care, dental, vision; life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, sick leave, and 401k.
MuleSoft is solving the largest and most important problem in IT: integration. Companies spend $500 billion dollars every year writing custom integration code to make systems work together - a problem that's only increasing with the cloud. We built the world's most widely used integration platform, which connects applications, databases and organizations as easily as Facebook connects people. Our technology is a key enabler of today's most important movements: cloud, social, mobile and the enterprise.
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded, early stage company on a mission to fix integration. We have big name customers like JP Morgan, BMW, Wal-Mart, Nokia and Zynga, and over 3,000 companies and 100,000 developers use our products.Our goal is to build a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and admire each other. Are you looking for a fast-paced environment with a huge market opportunity and unlimited growth potential? If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams, and have the track record to prove it, we want to meet you!
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
, Lightspeed Venture Partners
, SAP Ventures All Jobs: at MuleSoft
|Headquarters:||30 Maiden Lane|
San Francisco, CA 94108
|Company Profile:||MuleSoft is an explosive growth, well-funded software startup. Our award-winning products have been downloaded over 1.5 million times, and more than 2,500 organizations are using them in production, including big-dog companies like Walmart.com, Nestle, Honeywell, DHL, as well as 5 of the world's top 10 banks. In 2009 we grew revenues 152 and quadrupled our product offering.
We are laser-focused on making life easier for developers and IT. Our products are built on Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, open source projects that are being downloaded and used by millions of people worldwide. Today's developers are looking for simplicity and freedom from the bloated legacy Java "stacks" that were built over a decade ago. They need middleware that embraces today's web-centric approaches, including dynamic languages, mobile, and the cloud. This new lightweight approach is fundamentally changing the industry, and we are leading that movement -- we call it Web Middleware.
At MuleSoft, our singular mission is to build a great company with a brilliant team of colleagues. If you think you can make a huge difference and are ready to show us, we want to meet you.|
Support MuleSoft with Social Media services