Corporate Counsel Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
This position will have the opportunity to make an immediate contribution to Splunk's continuing growth and success. This attorney will support the company's corporate legal functions, including business development activities, securities, equity compensation, trading and treasury matters as well as a variety of complex and routine commercial transactions. These responsibilities will span the globe in order to support and bridge Splunk's rapid international growth. We are seeking a motivated, smart, self-starter to take initiative and ownership of key projects, procedures, and transactions, and closely partner with business functions across Splunk. There are no strict boundaries to this role-- we are looking for someone to help continue Splunk's rapid and exciting growth. The successful candidate will have an important role in helping develop and grow the legal department, and in turn will have an amazing opportunity to grow professionally. This attorney will report to Splunk's Associate General Counsel and Assistant Secretary.
Highly collaborative team player with a strong desire to make a meaningful impact. Flexible, creative, and smart--shows initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness and maintains a sense of humor. Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and detail oriented.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional writing, speaking, and analytical skills; strong organizational and project management skills; an ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, fast moving environment; a desire to be invigorated by a collaborative, innovative and decisive culture; a high degree of accountability, professional motivation and drive; and ease in developing relationships of trust and confidence both within and outside Splunk. Lives the mantra, â€œwork hard, have fun, make history.â€
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Act as the legal lead for Splunk's corporate development activities, including complex license agreements, technology transfers, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Work with the VP, Corporate Development and extended team to assess potential opportunities and alternatives, structure transactions, conduct comprehensive due diligence reviews, document and negotiate transactions, and ensure seamless integrations.
- Assist with SEC reporting, proxy statement preparation, annual stockholder meeting and related public company obligations. Monitor and assess impact of changes to security reporting and NASDAQ listing rules.
- Support Splunk's global compensation programs and professionals, including global equity and executive compensation plans, equity administration matters and Section 16 reporting. Provide support regarding employee trading matters, Rule 10b5-1 trading plans and related areas.
- Support and advise finance team in key decisions and contracts, including commercial banking, investment activities, insurance matters and the like.
- Support complex commercial transactions, including key strategic relationships.
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues internationally, ensuring good relationships between legal, product, finance, human resources and operations to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Help develop strategic initiatives that will advance Splunk's business.â€¨Pitch-in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done.
Minimum of six years of experience focused on corporate law; a combination of both in-house and law firm practice experience is desired.
Substantive deal experience with complex contracts and/or licensing agreements, meaningful international corporate law and/or licensing experience, and experience working with fast paced technology driven companies are required.
The successful candidate will hold a law degree from a top tier law school and be in good standing to practice in the State of California.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED